cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar 16 2023

txkun
Level 7

I read some reviews and watched a few videos about this laptop, before the purchase. Unfortunately, this is the worst impression I got from Asus. I always thought that the brand is reputable and something like this wouldn't happen. However, after the first boot up I got a black screen with a white stripe on the left side. I could see that there were some icons that were barely visible on the screen. To be honest, if it wasn't for the Mini Led screen I wouldn't purchase this model. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks for the repair. Since I am going to use this laptop for some GPU rendering and machine learning stuff, such a long repair is seriously disappointing. I cannot recommend this model to anyone, who has enough funds to buy the highest quality laptops. asus_rog_screen.jpg
Hopefully, no one will experience the same problem as me 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @txkun ,

we're sorry to hear about the bad experience.

As we require your personal information, could you please PM me the following information? 
We will provide feedback to the relevant department to confirm this case. Thank you.
(1)Your product serial number
(2)RMA number

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @txkun ,

we're sorry to hear about the bad experience.

As we require your personal information, could you please PM me the following information? 
We will provide feedback to the relevant department to confirm this case. Thank you.
(1)Your product serial number
(2)RMA number

zkalra
Level 9

I agree completely  I have two threads on this very forum.  4 laptops that I know of have this issue and the moderator ANBBY keeps asking for more and more information instead of trying to solve the issue.  I mean its  4OOO$ LAPTOP.  cannot believe this is how loyal customers are being treated,

Link to my thread with various issues:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/rog-strix-scar-16-2023-huge-issues-after-driver-updat...

Well thanks for sharing your experience. I expected that this would be a bigger issue, as some reviewers have already pointed out about the black screen issue. I still went ahead and bought this model, since I hoped that it was just a software issue. However, this is the first time I got the laptop at this price and it was defective right from the start. I hope ASUS acknowledge this issue and fix it so other customers will not have to go through the mess that I am going through right now.