cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS rog strix G17 won't wake up from sleep mode.

Rogsuat
Level 8

I have been using my Asus Rog Strix G17 computer for about a month. My computer does not go into sleep mode and does not wake up when it does. It does not wake up even though I click the power button, keyboard and mouse. I keep getting karnel power 41 error in the event log. Please help me. Otherwise I'll go crazy. 

52 REPLIES 52

There were already problems with old drivers. I updated the drivers and the problem was not solved. I reinstalled the old drivers and it still did not solve it. 

Rogsuat
Level 8
  • I don't think it is driver related. Could it be caused by Windows? I transferred the ISO file to the flash memory using the Rufus program. Could it be from there? 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Based on your description, we suggest referring to this link to reset the system and test if the issue improves. Thank you.

Thank you. I hope it works. I will try it and then I will write again here. 

C-V-N
Level 12

Yeah I knew they were going to suggest you reset your system better start backing up your files, I didn't want to say it  myself without you trying all other options first.

Thank you. I hope it works. I will try it and then I will write again here. 

Any luck? I have the exact same issue as you on probably the same system. Screen flickering on iGPU and not sleeping and waking up from sleeping properly.

I have tried many different solutions. Uninstalled Armoury Crate, no luck. Right now I am checking if the switching between the iGPU and dGPU is the cause and I think it may be. The flickering seems to go away when solely using the dGPU. Waiting to see if the sleep issues remain.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @LaptopIssues ,

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version 327? Based on your description, you are currently experiencing issues with sleep mode and flickering. Regarding the sleep issue, please refer to the link mentioned above to confirm if the power plan settings are configured to meet the expected sleep mode. Also, ensure that settings related to waking up from sleep are correctly configured.
Regarding the flickering, does it occur with specific software or games? Please try installing the Asus-certified version V31.0.14001.46001 of the AMD graphics card driver to see if it improves the issue. If you have any other concerns, feel free to let us know. Thank you.

Yes, it was still occurring after updating to the latest BIOS version 327.

While only using the dedicated GPU the flickering and sleep/wake issues are gone. So, something with the integrated GPU or the process of switching between them is causing the problem. I will confirm the latest version of the integrated GPU and see if the update you linked resolves it.

Just had another random restart after almost 2 days without an issue. Same Kernel-Power Event ID 41 error. Not sure where to go from here.