cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS rog strix G17 won't wake up from sleep mode.

Rogsuat
Level 8

I have been using my Asus Rog Strix G17 computer for about a month. My computer does not go into sleep mode and does not wake up when it does. It does not wake up even though I click the power button, keyboard and mouse. I keep getting karnel power 41 error in the event log. Please help me. Otherwise I'll go crazy. 

52 REPLIES 52

DDPERERA
Level 8

Does anyone have black squares or pixels popping up when watching a video 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @DDPERERA ,

I'm glad you resolved the sleep mode issue. Since this thread mainly focuses on sleep problems, to ensure that the issues you encountered can be properly addressed, we suggest you create a new discussion. If possible, please provide as more information as you can about the problems you're facing (videos, screenshots, BIOS version, and driver versions used). This will be more efficient in drawing attention and facilitating a collective discussion. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback.
Regarding the issue of sleep/wake, please try updating the Nvidia graphics card driver to version v31.0.15.4624. For the random restart issue, please attempt to update the AMD graphics card driver to version V31.0.14038.8002 and check if there is any improvement.
If you continue to experience problems, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Any update for this?
Each time the laptop goes into sleep itself; it is either not waking up at all; or it wakes up with all the apps closed.

I suggest everybody who is having this problem what this video.

https://youtu.be/Ph-2Msje3hc?si=HQwnle6n13cu05jR 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @OttoR78 ,
I would like to confirm if your laptop model is G733P/G713P? 

If so, please try updating the AMD VGA driver to V31.0.14038.8002 and Nvidia VGA driver to V31.0.15.4624 to see if the issue is resolved. Thank you.

@Anbby_ROG it is a G713PU, just ran the updates; will inform wether it solved the issue.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @OttoR78 ,

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to hearing good news from you.

Bens4Buys
Level 7

I am having the SAME ISSUE 

Write to support ! 

https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en

THEY NEED TO FIX THIS!!!

MY COUNTRY IS NOT LISTED ON THE Region of Residence : UNITED STATES (ENGLISH)

*THIS IS NOT A WINDOWS 11 ISSUE*
This is a BIOS issue, ARMORY CRATE AS WELL, Had to uninstall, but still remnants remain on registry that do not fully get rid of Armory Crate even with the Armory Crate Removal Tool.
This Computer whenever I open Photoshop, since day one when I purchaased it and I read the forums that EVERYBODY is havingg this issue with their ASUS TUF Computers.
It is a DEFECT.
The computer mouse and keyboard, will lag unable to move the mouse or enter input with keyboard for 15 seconds between COMPLETELY FREEZING, then unfreezing in a LOOP ENDLESS CYCLE, Until it Freezes 100%. This is with ARMORY CRATE INSTALLED. UNINSTALLED, The it takes the computer a few hours, before it repeats the same issue. When I update the BIOS again and reinstall and do all the drivers manually, it works for a day then catches up and FReezes again and again. I have reinstalled windows, installed a new harddrive, This is NOT an operating system issue, PLEASE UPDATE THE DRIVERS FOR THE ASUS TUF FX707ZE AS THIS IS IMPACTING MY BUSINESS AND MY WORK. THE UPDATES IN ARMORY CRATE NEED TO BE MADE, A NEW BIOS UPDATE NEEDS TO BE RELEASED, AND THE REGISTRY NEEDS AN ARMORY CRATE CLEANER TO REMOVE THE REMNANTS OF THIS DEFECTIVE SOFTWARE.

ARMORY CRATE WAS PUSHING MY COMPUTER TO 100 DEGREES FULL TIME CELSIUS WITH PHOTOSHOP OPEN AND A GAME ENGINE AS WELL. WITHOUT ARMORY CRATE, IT IS RUNNING AT 80 DEGREES CELSIUS. THIS IS AN ARMORY CRATE DEFECT
After Uninstalling Armory Crate, these are left on my PC. The Armory crate uses 100% RAM and INFINITE
High CPU Usage by "armoury crate user session" as its keep busy processor and put infinite load.
PC WONT WAKE FROM SLEEP.
UPDATE!!! help out EVERY ASUS USER PLEASE

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Bens4Buys ,

Thank you for bringing attention to the issues caused by the ROG Strix G17 drivers. In order to ensure that your concerns are addressed appropriately, we recommend opening a new discussion thread and providing relevant information about your laptop. This will allow more users experiencing similar issues to join the discussion and seek solutions together. Thank you for your understanding.