cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG STRIX G16 2023 Power profile changes from battery to plugged randomly while gaming

mrkaspa
Level 7

I have been experiencing a weird issue with my laptop I used to play in Turbo mode but sometimes when playing randomly this issue starts to happen, I tried uninstalling Armory Crate because I thought it could cause the issue but no the issues seems to be with windows and how it handles the battery I do not know, I would appreciate some help here

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mrkaspa ,

May I confirm the laptop model of yours is G614J?
As Turbo mode requires usage while connected to power, I would like to verify if you are currently using the original power adapter. Are you experiencing issues with mode switching by checking the battery status in the bottom right corner of the screen? Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Yes I am using the original power adapter, the model is G614JV, and yes in the right corner starts switching from power connected to unconnected when this happens, I use it in turbo mode for gaming

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mrkaspa ,

I would like to confirm with you whether you have updated the BIOS to the latest version 321. Please use MyASUS to check the power adapter and ensure that the connection of the charging port is secure. Based on your description, the issue may be related to the power adapter or charging. We recommend that you take both the power adapter and laptop to the nearest authorized service center for further inspection. Thank you

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌