cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix G15 G513QR BIOS Fan Speed

markx
Level 7

Hello,

I want to downgrade my BIOS version, and I'm searching for an older BIOS for my Asus ROG Strix G15 G513QR laptop. However, I can't seem to find it anywhere as Asus has removed all older versions. I specifically need version v316, as all newer versions have problems with fan speed control in manual mode.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @markx ,

Updating the BIOS is usually done to improve system issues, it cannot be downgraded.

May I ask what issues you are experiencing with fan speed control in manual mode?

Please kindly provide me with the following information in private message, and we will ask the relevant department to assist in identifying your problem. Thank you.

1. Product serial number
  2. OS version
  3. BIOS version
  4. Armoury Crate version
  5. If possible, please provide a video demonstrating the problem.

markx
Level 7

Hi Anbby,

Thank you for replying!

Armoury Crate is a total bloatware filled with bugs, but this time the problem is not from it, but from the BIOS. Asus somehow (surprise, surprise) managed to introduce a bug into every version of the BIOS above v316. The laptop doesn't go into sleep mode every time, and when it doesn't go into sleep mode, it gets hot, and the fans constantly turn on and off. Additionally, the fans are not working in manual mode. If I put them in manual mode, the RPMs are above 2400 no matter how low I set the fan speed (except 0%).

I found v315 and downgraded the BIOS. I'm not sure what you meant by "it cannot be downgraded." The v315 fixed my laptop's manual fan issue and the sleeping issue. However, today it auto-updated itself again to the latest version, which is so stupid. Why are important things like the BIOS getting auto-updated like that?

This is unacceptable. A laptop with such a high price shouldn't have so many bugs, and instead of Asus fixing the bugs, they introduce new ones. I apologize, it's not your fault, but I'm getting fed up.

Laptop: Asus Rog Strix G15 - G513QR
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070
OS: Windows 10 and Windows 11 (tested on both, it's the same)
BIOS: every single version that was released above v316
Armoury Crate: Latest released 5.6.3.0

Thanks!

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @markx ,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. 
I would like to confirm some details with you in order to further investigate this issue with the relevant team.
Could you please clarify whether your laptop cannot enter sleep mode after closing the lid or after being idle for some time?
Would it be possible for you to provide us with screenshots of your power settings for us to replicate your situation?
Regarding the issue with manual fan settings, could you please assist us by recording a video to help us further investigate?
Thank you for your cooperation.