cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Flow X13 (2022) Keyboard Input Lag

balibbalib
Level 8

Hello there!

I bought my ROG Flow X13 just 2 months ago. Everything was fine until the middle of October (2023). I noticed a big failure with my keyboard input, and I almost tried everything to fix it. I can describe my problem as an unusual bug in the keyboard or the software.

First of all, if I want to type something, it enters the characters with a 2-3 second delay. This is very annoying because sometimes I can type in a complete word during this time, and it just appears after a few seconds (or appears without the first letter of the word).

The other terrible problem occurs when I want to stop a video with a space or just press one key, because in this case that button will be stuck. In a video, this causes an infinite stop/start, and it only stops when I press another key. If I press just one key in a text box, I usually see that it starts spamming that button (as if you were holding it down continuously).

I'm looking for some help and a solution, please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @balibbalib ,

As explained by our dedicated friends, please try removing the keyboard driver in the Device Manager and then restart your computer. After the computer restarts, the system will automatically install the driver. Please confirm if the keyboard is functioning correctly.
Additionally, please try removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling ASUS System Control Interface v3 and Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

QQ02
Level 11

A common issue with ASUS RGB keyboards is Aura Sync. If the drivers for controlling the keyboard lights with Aura Sync it are installed, but it is not actively used, it tends to cause input lag. So you can either uninstall the drivers or, if you prefer, turn Aura Sync on instead. To do this, check the Armoury Crate, Device settings, Lighting, choose Aura Sync and set it up to act the same as the options that don't use Aura Sync.

I will try it out, but my keyboard is only have white keyboard lights.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @balibbalib ,

As explained by our dedicated friends, please try removing the keyboard driver in the Device Manager and then restart your computer. After the computer restarts, the system will automatically install the driver. Please confirm if the keyboard is functioning correctly.
Additionally, please try removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling ASUS System Control Interface v3 and Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

balibbalib
Level 8

Thanks for the help!

atlan31
Level 7

Is your issue solved ? I have previously a GV301RC, I return it due to keyboard lag issue and I hesitate to take a new one, because it offer the best specification for my need. What is the solution (issue with armory crate ? ) Thanks

Hello! I reinstalled Armoury Crate, ASUS System Control Interface v3 like @Anbby_ROG  told me and now the problem is solved as I can feel.