cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate issue!! GX650pz

reddot911
Level 9

When "Use HDR" mode is on, backlight control switches to Optimus mode and is grayed out. I cannot switch modes.  I want to use Multi-zone. 

Only way to get it to do multi zone is to turn off USE HDR mode then go to armoury crate and this option will ungray itself. Then I switch to multi-zone, then turn on HDR. BUT when I go to restart my pc, it will go back to Optimus option and gray out again.

This might be Armoury crate bug or have to do with DisplayHDR certification driver from Asus drivers not certifying the driver issue. 

This is an issue on previous versions of armoury crate as well.  

Screenshot 2023-10-18 121854.pngScreenshot 2023-10-18 123129.pnggx650pz hdr certification driver.pngScreenshot 2023-10-18 122758.png

#gx650pz #armourycrate

5 REPLIES 5

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Thank you for providing detailed screenshots. 

I would like to confirm if your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 316?
Could you please verify if you are using the ASUS-certified versions of the NVIDIA Graphic Driver (V31.0.15.3645) and AMD Graphics Driver (V31.0.14038.6002)? If you are using newer driver versions, kindly try installing the ASUS-certified versions and test if the issue still persists.
Additionally, have you tried uninstalling Armoury Crate using an uninstall tool and then reinstalling it for testing? 

Thank you for your cooperation.

On bios 319,

tried nvidia .3645 and .4584 

uninstalled amoury and installed 

uninstalled and reinstalled those drivers. Still have same issue. I have to turn off hdr then go to armoury, then can switch to multi-zone. then put HDR back on.  restarted pc just undos all those steps. 

Screenshot 2023-10-18 214654.png

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @reddot911 ,

Due to the need for your personal information.
I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

QQ02
Level 11

This may not help you, but in Armoury Crate, when hovering over the multi-zone setting, the tooltip says multi-zone/single-zone switching is disabled when HDR is enabled. This is on a different laptop though (2022 Duo 16), but worth checking if what you are trying to do is actually supported. 

Not being able to switch is fine. It's not being able to have multi stay and not switching to optimus.