cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD UMDF Sensor not working: SOLVE

joseortega9988
Level 7

I have the same problem as this post and i wanna just give the solution : 
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/flow-x16-stuck-in-tablet-mode/td-p/961946

This problem have this users 
@Standard
 @LBY ,

The problem is that the tablet mode of the laptop stop working, instead of the screen flip automatically, the screen will stay the same, and the rotation lock disappear 

Screenshot 2024-05-01 040718.png

Basically i update all my drivers by a 3rd party program and for error that was mine, I couldn't roll over the driver AMD UMDF Sensor. This driver was giving an error 10 and couldn't open, this is an error message that give the device manager (how to enter here is below), the driver was AMD UMDF Sensor,

I search everywhere and find that this driver is part of a big package call , AMD Graphics Driver, so what you have to do is search the model of your laptop with the word driver in google, in this case flow x16 drivers and download the AMD Graphics Driver for your computer, In my case i found the driver here: 

Screenshot 2024-05-01 041758.png

Once you download the driver for your LAPTOP MODEL

Enter the device manager pressing the windows key + r and write devmgmt.msc and press ok,

Screenshot 2024-05-01 040509.png

Search for sensors and uninstall the driver AMD UMDF Sensor

Screenshot 2024-05-01 040526.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 040534.png

Then you are going to install all the AMD Graphics Driver that you donwload and reboot your computer.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 041456.png 

Then if you want you can update the AMD graphics Driver, but please avoid updating the AMD UMDF Sensor, apparently this driver is "made for your computer" 

Hope this will be helpful for some people

0 REPLIES 0