cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 flow z13 GZ301VV with caldigit TS4 connection

faridkhani
Level 7

Hello,

i recently got a 2023 flow Z13 and caldigit TS4, the thunderbolt dock can only charge @ 98w which do not enable turbo mode, my question is do i connect powered thunderbolt dock to flow z13 top usb C port ( thunderbolt) and asus 130w charger to lower usb port gen3.2 simultaneously to get max performance with external monitor or would that risk shorting the motherboard or bricking the device since both USB C ports are providing power now to the laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @faridkhani ,

Based on your description, your laptop will only charge using the 130W adapter in this configuration, and it won't charge simultaneously through both USB-C ports. You can rest assured about that.
Regarding your mention of needing an external monitor, if the external monitor requires power through the Thunderbolt dock, make sure its power output is sufficient to supply all connected devices through the Thunderbolt dock. This information is provided for your reference. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @faridkhani ,

Based on your description, your laptop will only charge using the 130W adapter in this configuration, and it won't charge simultaneously through both USB-C ports. You can rest assured about that.
Regarding your mention of needing an external monitor, if the external monitor requires power through the Thunderbolt dock, make sure its power output is sufficient to supply all connected devices through the Thunderbolt dock. This information is provided for your reference. Thank you.

faridkhani
Level 7

Hi @Anbby_ROG 

thank you for the response, one more question please if i connect my TB4 dock to top usbc and charger to lower USBC will i be gaming in ultimate mode on NVIDIA graphics card or intel one since lower usbc is connected directly to Nvidia graphics card? what would be the best configuration for gaming performance? TB4 dock top usbc or lower usbc?

faridkhani
Level 7

@Anbby_ROG 

thank you for the response, one more question please if i connect my TB4 dock to top usbc and charger to lower USBC will i be gaming in ultimate mode on NVIDIA graphics card or intel one since lower usbc is connected directly to Nvidia graphics card? what would be the best configuration for gaming performance? TB4 dock top usbc or lower usbc?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @faridkhani ,

As only one USB-C port supports TB4 and it only supports iGPU (as shown in the diagram below). 

The USB-C port that supports dGPU does not support TB4. This information is provided for your reference. Thank you.