cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 SE BIOS 318 Fan Curve Swap Issue

oz-rog
Level 7

Hi,

I’d like to shed light to this current issue I’m facing with my ROG laptop.

I’m a current user of Asus Rog Strix Scar 17 SE from 2022 and I’ve been tinkering this machine to aid it’s overheating, and shutdown issues due to overheating, by having thermal compounds reapplied and constant undervolt trial and errors.

Then I launched a game and noticed that the right side of my machine was comparatively loud compared to left side, where the fan wasn’t blowing any air, at all. I thought to myself that this is odd, because my CPU is a headache to cooldown, whereas my GPU was running ice cold, and the fans were spinning loud on the GPU side, not the other way around. Then I noticed that curvature of fans were in reverse, by ramping CPU fan to 100 percent, and setting GPU fan to zero percent.

The laptop is ROG Strix SCAR 17 SE G733CX (G733CX-I9XR3080TI)

https://jp.store.asus.com/store/asusjp/ja_JP/pd/ThemeID.4850018000/productID.5648930500

Current BIOS version is 318, updated through MyAsus app, and I utilize the Armoury Crate software to control my components.

Kind wishes. 

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @oz-rog ,

Due to the need for your personal information.
I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

4rtoria
Level 7

If you haven't found a solution yet. You could try downgrading your BIOS, I'm running Bios 313 on my Scar SE and everything seems to be fine. I'm also running Armory crate 5.3.4.0