cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ovpn file to Android for RT-AC68U ?

magarity
Level 8

I need help figuring this out, please. The Asus instructions are really short, "Step2. Send a mail with .ovpn file to your android phone / Pad" How does one do that??

The simple VPN built into the AC68U no longer seems to work with an Android phone with the latest Android version so I'm trying to use the tab for OpenVPN. OpenVPN's documentation is very extensive but it all seems geared towards AWS. I can't find anything about Asus routers.

Any help very much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @magarity 

Regarding the OpenVPN setup, please refer to [VPN] How to set up a VPN server on ASUS router – OpenVPN for configuration instructions and export the OpenVPN configuration file and send it via email.

Once you receive the OpenVPN configuration file via email, open your email on your phone device and select the file. Choose to open it with the OPEN VPN app, and you will be able to proceed.

Please refer to [VPN] How to set up VPN Client in ASUS Router (Web GUI)? as well, if needed.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jzchen
Level 14

You can email yourself with the file as an attachment, then download that attachment on your phone.  (I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand your question).

No kidding I can email it to myself, but i need to know how do i get it in the first place?

Here maybe?

https://www.ovpn.com/en/configurations

Not sure but some sort of “pro” version may be required…

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @magarity 

Regarding the OpenVPN setup, please refer to [VPN] How to set up a VPN server on ASUS router – OpenVPN for configuration instructions and export the OpenVPN configuration file and send it via email.

Once you receive the OpenVPN configuration file via email, open your email on your phone device and select the file. Choose to open it with the OPEN VPN app, and you will be able to proceed.

Please refer to [VPN] How to set up VPN Client in ASUS Router (Web GUI)? as well, if needed.

Thank you.

Thanks jiaszzz, that's exactly what I was looking for