cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC address filtration - general Customer Journey

ra_dzik
Level 9

Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856 on my ASUS GT-AXE16000 router.

I would like to suggest some improvement for setting MAC address filtering.

Currently, I can select the band 2.4GHz/5GHz-1/5GHz-2/6GHz, my phone once connects on 5GHz and once on 2.4GHz (if I am far from the router), so I need to set 2 or 3 times the same device allowed to use wireless network on different frequencies.

Setting MAC filtering for each frequency is very time consuming.

Therefore, I suggest that you introduce:
1. One list of MAC addresses allowed/rejected for all frequencies (or optionally a checkbox "for all frequencies" or for a specific frequency)
2. The possibility to import such a list of devices, e.g. from the list of devices defined in the manual assignment of IP addresses (without DHCP) - not all devices are in this moment connected to the network, and as I gave an example (my phone is connected once on one frequency and once on the other).
3. Adding the ability to export the list of devices, for example from the list of manual assignment of IP ades (just as there is an export option in Network map/Client/List view)
4. Why in the view (Network map/Client/List view) I can't select to copy (Ctrl-C) MAC adresses of any device? It should be possible in the context of Customer Journey improvement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ra_dzik.

After confirmation by relevant departments, the wrong description problem you mentioned will be fixed in the non-beta version released in the near future. Please update and confirm again at that time.
For the other items you mentioned, we appreciate the feedback, and it will be reflected in the relevant units for reference evaluation.

Thank you for supporting ASUS products.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ra_dzik
Level 9

and some wrong description about frequencies is in information window when I set MAC address filtering see below..

MAC_Asus.jpg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ra_dzik.

After confirmation by relevant departments, the wrong description problem you mentioned will be fixed in the non-beta version released in the near future. Please update and confirm again at that time.
For the other items you mentioned, we appreciate the feedback, and it will be reflected in the relevant units for reference evaluation.

Thank you for supporting ASUS products.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

ra_dzik
Level 9

Hello Jiaszzz_ROG,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't want to go back to the previous version - I prefer to stay with Beta.

Nevertheless, if you were looking for a reliable and meticulous tester for your new products, I am ready to take the challenge 🙂 because it is my passion.