Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

admin name can't be changed

ra_dzik
Level 9

Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856 on my ASUS GT-AXE16000 router

Browser: Edge

AIProtection suggests me to change the defult name of administrator "admin" to another name. 

I tried to do it from the computer, but the administrator (default is "admin") name cannot be changed. Sometimes the message is displayed (and sometimes not) that I have to log out of the computer from which I want to change the admin name.

Several attempts have failed 😞

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ra_dzik .

Please update to the latest version 3.0.0.4.388.23012, which was released on April 23, 2023, and refer to [Wireless Router] How to change ASUS Router login name and password? to confirm the problem.
If there is an inoperable part of the process, please let me know which one it is and share a screenshot if possible.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Please choose:

1. AIProtection

2. "Router Security Assessment'   -> [SCAN]

3. after SCAN -> first option on the list: "Default router login username and password changed - [No]" - clikc on this link then you can see screens as following...

Asus_01.jpgAsus_02.jpg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ra_dzik .

Have you updated to the latest version of firmware?
After changing the router login name and password on the Administration>System page, have you clicked Apply at the bottom of the page and logged in again with the modified login name and password?

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

ra_dzik
Level 9

No. I 'm still on beta version. On beta version it doesn't works.