cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Hero: Q-Code D7 and 98...no video signal and no boot.

Theotorm80
Level 8

Hi all, I just finished putting together a new build but I have a big problem and I've been freaking out all day.
I9 13900K
Asus Z790 Hero
Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 CL-34 Ram
Strix 4090 OC

When I turn on the PC it does not give a video signal and the Q-Codes appear:

Q7- No console input device are found

and sometimes even 98 - Console input devices connect

but it doesn't give me video signal.

I only managed to get it to start a few times (and even installing windows) but as soon as I turn off the pc and turn it on again the problem returns. I also updated the bios to the latest version but to no avail.

It seems to be a problem with the keyboard and mouse, but trying other USB ports as well doesn't change anything...it just starts when it wants (very few times).

20230411_194318.jpg

20230411_194106.jpg

I am attaching photos and videos to this address

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y060RdRgSk](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y060RdRgSk&fbclid=IwAR...)

I ask for your help because I don't know what to do anymore.

Uploaded by Francesco Viscardi on 2023-04-11.
23 REPLIES 23

it helped me too, but then when the memory settings did not load, the bios is reset again and you need to reinstall the old card

Mastakillla
Level 8

I have q code 98 again and my 3070 dont help me(((

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Mastakillla 

May I confirm if you are currently using the motherboard model ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO?
If so, we suggest referring to page A-3 of the user manual, where the code 98 represents "console input device connect", and it likely indicates an abnormality with your external device during the POST process.
Please try removing external devices such as a keyboard, mouse, or other peripheral and then reconnecting them after booting into the OS.
If you are not using the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO, please provide the full model of your current motherboard, the BIOS version, and detailed information about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

I am use z790 rog gaming e wifi , my gpu and other peripherial work well. 

I am insert gpu with pcie 3.0 and bios start , after i am change gpu on gpu 4090 and bios work well