Hi, I would like some help, my config is the following:
So, I had 2x32gb ram with XMP enabled and everything worked fine. Now I installed 2 more of the same ram and none of the XMP profiles work as I get BSOD. Any suggestions?
My suggestion would be to return the second kit you purchased. It's not recommended to combine memory kits, this is why you are having trouble.
Just as Nate152 mentioned, please ensure that all memory modules are from the same validated memory kit and avoid using DIMMs from different memory kits.
We recommend you refer to the instructions in [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List? and also check the "purchasing and installation guide" under the "Memory" section on the official website of the ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI's support page.
- ・When installing a memory kit, please adhere to the DIMM slot priority cited in the Memory installation section of the product manual.
- ・Ensure that all memory modules are from the same validated memory kit. Do not mix DIMMs from different memory kits—even if they are the same brand and model (e.g., two DIMMs each from two different memory kits). Mixing and matching DIMMs can result in a failure to boot and compatibility issues. In particular, the stability of a system with mixed DIMMs cannot be guaranteed when XMP (Intel)/D.O.C.P (AMD)/EXPO (AMD)/AEMP/AEMPII is enabled. For example, enabling XMP (Intel)/D.O.C.P (AMD)/EXPO (AMD)/AEMP/AEMPII to speeds above DDR5 4800MHz or above DDR4 3200MHz could result in an unstable system.
- ・The stability and compatibility of XMP(Intel)/D.O.C.P(AMD)/EXPO(AMD)/AEMP/AEMPII memory kits that operate beyond the POR standard is not guaranteed because it can be affected by the capabilities of the CPU’s integrated memory controller, installed devices, and the operating frequency of associated bus domains.
- ・Always install DIMMs with the same CAS latency. For optimal compatibility, we recommend that you install memory modules of the same version or date code (D/C) from the same vendor. Check with the retailer to get the correct memory modules.
- ・The default DIMM frequency depends on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD), which is the standard way of accessing information from a memory module. Under the default state, some memory modules for overclocking may operate at a lower frequency than the vendor-marked value. To set the rated speed of the kit, please select XMP(Intel)/D.O.C.P(AMD)/EXPO(AMD)/AEMP/AEMPII or apply manual settings.
- ・When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.
- ・DDR5 speed may vary depending on the number of memory modules used. In general, DDR5 speed with 2 DIMMs will be faster than that with 4 DIMMs, and its actual speed will also vary depending on platform. Refer to your memory modules' specifications for more details.