cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790 Apex Drivers Help

SightUp
Level 8

First driver I am missing is the RAID Controller driver. Can't I disable this in the BIOS as I don't use RAID? Which setting is it?

I am missing a PCI Device and SM Bus Controller. I already installed the following:

Intel_Serial_IO_V30.100.2221.20_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit

DRV_MEI_Intel_Cons_TP_W11_64_V2240340_20221208R

What else should I install?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Found out you need to disable the VMD. @MrAgapiGC All thanks goes to him!

View solution in original post

take notes leaving those active with the drivess added will not impact the computer or put the pc works harder or bad.  i did also disable those. kudos so was you jajajja. thanks!

Learn, Play Enjoy!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hi,

You need to install the Intel Chipset driver: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1700/M3904/Intel_Chipset_Software_Utility_V10.1.19199.8340_...

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

It says I have that already installed. In fact, I have a newer version installed.

Try all drivers including VMD from this thread.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/intel-700-600-series/drivers-intel-chipset-mei-vmd-6xx-7xx/td-p/892895

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @SightUp .

Have you previously configured RAID on your system?
Please note that disabling RAID could result in data loss only if the data is stored on the RAID array.
In most cases, clearing CMOS will restore the BIOS to its default settings without any RAID configurations.

Thank you.

Nope! Never. The RAID feature doesn't need to be enabled.

I installed the Intel_Chipset_Software_Utility_V10.1.19199.8340_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit and that seemed to take care of the rest.

However, I still have the RAID unknown device in my Device Manager. I tried looking in the BIOS but I am not seeing anything to Disable that. Suggestions?

Found out you need to disable the VMD. @MrAgapiGC All thanks goes to him!

take notes leaving those active with the drivess added will not impact the computer or put the pc works harder or bad.  i did also disable those. kudos so was you jajajja. thanks!

Learn, Play Enjoy!