cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690i Gaming Wifi not starting up

edelmeier
Level 7

Hi all, 

I just bought a used Strix z690-i gaming wifi mainboard and installed the following components / setup:

- I7 13700 KF (no GPU), Cooled by a ROG Ryujin (1st gen) 360mm AIO

- 2x16 gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600MHz 

- Gigabyte 3070 OC 

- The system's powered by a Cooler Master V750i multi PSU. 

- All components mentioned above have been tested on another mainboard to ensure functionality.

The board came without the "daughter board", that offers front panel connectivity, but it has a power switch header of it's own. When connected to the PSU in idle state, the AIOs colored LEDs light up (marquee style). When switching on the system, the RAM's LEDs do their marquee thing. There's no output on the screen (neither DP nor HDMI) and - since there are supposedly some QLEDs on the board - no light from anything else but the audio jacks, hich are RGB, either. The GPUs RGBs are not lighting up (it's connected to the PSU with an 8 and a 6 pin cable).

Forgot to mention: I already used the flashback method to update the bios to the latest version. This worked fine, if I'm any judge. The FB LED stopped flashing at some point, telling me that the process has completed successfully. This didn't change anything, though.

And I just tested another GPU, a 3060Ti. Same as above. I know that the LEDs on this one should light up as soon as it's powered. Could it be there's a problem with the PCIe port?

Since I have no feedback from the system, I stuck here... Could anyone help me troubleshoot this? What can I do to find out what's the issue here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Seb. 

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @edelmeier 

Regarding the specifications of the Intel i7-13700KF, according to the official Intel specifications, this CPU model does not have integrated graphics.
We recommend cross-testing with another CPU that does have integrated graphics functionality.

Concerning the issue of the black screen and inability to boot after installing the 3060Ti GPU, based on your description, when the booting problem occurs, are there no Q-LED indicator lights on? Do the CPU fan or power indicator lights turn on at this time?

If not, we suggest referring to the ROG STRIX Z690-I GAMING WIFI user manual to verify all hardware connections are correct, including the two power connections on page 2-15.
For further guidance, please consult the user manual and the troubleshooting section titled "[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display."

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂