cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 hero sound issues realtek

casparit
Level 9

I have a strange issue with the onboard sound of my Rog z690 Hero Mainboard. The front channel out (lime green jack on I/O panel) does not work. There is actual no sound-output on that channel. If I set the mono-switch in Windows 11 to on, the front channel works. It is a ALC 4082 soundchip. I've tried everything to get the sound working, but no luck. 

Thank you for your help

26 REPLIES 26

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit 

May I ask if the I/O you mentioned is the marked rear connection port in the image below?Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1683098412933.png

What devices are you connecting to? Have you cross-tested other hardware devices?
Does the headphone jack on the front side of the case also fail to output mono audio normally?
Have you updated the audio-related drivers to the latest version?
For example, update the Realtek USB Audio Driver to VB6.3.9600.2342 for Windows 10/11 64-bit, released on March 31, 2023.
Please share more details of the scenario so that we can better understand the problem, and if possible, please provide a video that fully records it.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Yes, it's the lime green jack on the I/O panel. I'm trying to connect a 5.1 system from logitech. The center/subwoofer (orange), rear (black) output is working, only the front channel (lime green) is dead. But if I set the mono switch in Windows 11 to on, all 5.1 channels do work. I have tried  several drivers, the most actual is version 2355. The headphone jack on the front side of the case does work and the speakers get muted. The cables are ok, as all of them work on the black and orange connectors (cross-testing) I wonder if it could be a hardware error or a Windows 11/Realtek bug?  It's strange that the front channel does work with the mono setting. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit .

May I ask what kind of device the Logitech 5.1 system you mentioned is? Have you referred to the manual for the connection?

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1683616524260.png

If possible, could you provide a photo of your current logitech specker model, driver version, and the connection detailed?
Also, please note that the rear panel line-out port does not support spatial audio. If you wish to use spatial audio, make sure to connect your audio output device to the audio jack on the front panel of your chassis.

Thank you.

Hello Jiaszzz_ROG, 

It's a Logitech Z506 5.1 System. I've been using it with my former mainboard, rog strix z590e without any issues. The driver version is 6.3.9600.2355. The connection is via 3 analog cables (black, orange, green). the system ist also working with an external Soundblastercard and the same connection order. Corcerning the spatial audio, do I have to connect the green connector to the front of the case and the black and orange one at the back for 5.1? If I plug the green connector in the front headphone jack, the other speakers are muted. Could it be a setting for spatial audio the deactivates the lime jack at the back?

It's a Logitech Z506 5.1 System. The lime green connector ist plugged in the lime green jack, orange in the orange one an black in black. The same system worked with my former z590e mainboard and with an external Soundblastercard. The driver version is 6.3.9600.2355. The spatial audio, could it be a setting, that deactivates the rear lime front out jack? Only the front speaker out does not work with the realtek onboard chip. 

Thank you for your help. 

I've found out that in the realtek audio manager the green jack is listed as Lautsprecher = speaker out but not at front speaker out. The conncetor retasking for the lime green jack does not work, so I can't set it to front speaker out. Perhaps this could be the issue? 

casparit
Level 9

I'm using a Logitech z506 5.1 system. The system ist connected following the manual: green to green (front), black to black (rear) and orange to orange (Center/Sub). The Driver is Version 2355 from mokichu. Still no sound from the back lime green jack.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit 
I apologize for the delayed response.
May I ask if other headphones work properly when connected individually to the lime jack?
If so, we recommend that you cross-testing the Logitech Z506 5.1 system with different connecting cables to identify if the problem lies with the cables.

Thank you.

Hello,

thank you for your response. There is no sound output on the lime green jack, even with headphones connected to the lime jack. Everything else on the mainboard works properly. It's also strange that this seems not to be a common issues as I can't find similar posts. The trick with the mono setting in windows 11 does only work in 5.1 and 7.1 setting, in 2.1 or stereo there es no sound on the lime port. Perhaps it's a bug in the firmware of the ALC 4082 chip?

Thank you