cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 hero sound issues realtek

casparit
Level 9

I have a strange issue with the onboard sound of my Rog z690 Hero Mainboard. The front channel out (lime green jack on I/O panel) does not work. There is actual no sound-output on that channel. If I set the mono-switch in Windows 11 to on, the front channel works. It is a ALC 4082 soundchip. I've tried everything to get the sound working, but no luck. 

Thank you for your help

26 REPLIES 26

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit .

According to your description, no matter what kind of device is connected, the lime jack cannot properly function, so we reasonably speculate that there are some possibilities that the lime jack has hardware abnormalities.
It is recommended that you check to see if it needs to be cleaned or decide whether it needs to be repaired.
If repairs are required, please refer to ASUS Support and contact your retailer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Hello, 

but the lime jack ist working normally when the speakers are set to mono in the windows 11 settings. This lets me assume that there is no hardware issue. Just an idea, could the onboard sound be affectes by bent cpu pins? 

Thanks

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit .

Could you please help confirm the question below?
- the current BIOS version and the images of the setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, DRAM, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- screenshots of the adjust speaker settings page and the circumstances and frequency of the problem
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Hello, 

Asus Rog Hero Z690 , Bios 2305

CPU: i5 13600k, GPU Rog Strix LC 3090ti, DRAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6200, PSU: Rog Thor 850W

Windows 11 pro, 22H2, Build: 22621.1778

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit 

Thank you for the information provided.
I have consolidated it and will consult with the relevant department for further assistance.
To confirm once again, is it correct that the lime port only functions properly in mono mode and there is no sound in other configurations? What other modes have been attempted but have no sound?

Thank you.

Thank you!

I've tried stereo, 2.1, 7.1, all with the same result. I appreciate your help very much. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @casparit 

Please help us to confirm the following questions:
1. The audio driver version you are using is 6.3.9600.2342, while the latest driver on the official website for the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO on Windows 11 is 6.3.9600.2355.
May I ask where you installed or updated the audio driver?
Could you please check if installing the official website version helps in ruling out this issue?
2. May I ask if you have updated the Intel ME to the corresponding version mentioned in the BIOS? For example, the latest BIOS version 2305 requires updating the Intel ME to version 16.1.25.2020.
If you haven't updated the ME yet, please update it to version 16.1.25.2020 first and then check again.
3. Please help confirm if all your audio firmware has been updated to the latest version and once again check if all of them are up-to-date.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm on audio driver 6.3.9600.2355 from User Mokichu. I've had the former driver installed, no changes. Intel ME was updated to 16.1.25.2020.  The newest ME update on the asus webpage for the z690 Hero is 16.1.25.2120, not 2124. 

Thank you