cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z690 Extreme with Glacial Monoblock

nicowes
Level 7

Hello, I bought a Glacial Monoblock and mounted it on my Z690 Extreme. It fits and works. The Monoblock has a connection for temperature, flow, and leak detection. When I connect it to my Extreme, the board no longer boots. Can someone tell me why? Could it be due to the BIOS, and could I flash the BIOS from the Glacial onto my regular Extreme?

5 REPLIES 5

Blackys
Level 8

first of all, where did you find the ultrablocl separetely? Secondly, i have a z690 glacial from what i can see the boards are different. Your board is missing atleast the WB_ADD pins for the 3 pin connector (next to code reader) on the top of the block. Are you sure you have been able to plug in all of the other connectors?? There should be 1 more sensor behind the rear IO on the bottom, and one more 90° port on the top of the "supreme fx" metal plate and lastly one more next to the cpu power plugs. 

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

Hi,

someone sold a box of the glacial on ebay with the monoblock, dimm2, rgb hub, wlan antenna and sata cables. 

My Board dont have the WB_ADD Header, but Its only a 3 pin rgb header. I Connect it to a rgb Controller. 

All the other cables are connected, except the one near the 12v CPU sockets. 
when in Plug it in, the Board dont boot. 

Okay so, the difference between your board and the normal glacial is also that you have a dual bios, the glacial only has 1. Also the connector near the cpu power connectors is the one for the temperature, and leak sensors, i don't know if that has anything to do with it, if you look at the block from the top you should be abe able to see them, they attatch to the inlet/outlet. I don't think anyone here will be able to help you because i've never seen someone put this block on a regular maximus,  so just try contacting asus, or maybe someone who works with motherboards, hope you get it working man! 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @nicowes 

Could you clarify if the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME can reboot after removing the monoblock belonging to the ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME GLACIAL?
Please download the appropriate BIOS for your motherboard model from the official website and avoid using a BIOS meant for a different model.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hi, the motherboard works normally with the monoblock; the connector is not absolutely necessary. It would have been cool to use all the features of the monoblock, but no problem. The BIOS is, of course, the original Z690 Extreme. I wasn't able to flash the Glacial BIOS. I was just looking for a way to use the monoblock with all its features. No problem, I'll just run it without the connector.