cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670-E Crosshair Hero Issues

MrUltraMetro
Level 7

Four days ago I encountered an issue in my system, where the audio would stutter from time to time, and regarded it as a problem with my headphones. Just a few moments later I started encountering random network disconnects (something I've seen before with this PC, and sometimes prompts it to abruptly restart), and upon further inspection in my event log, there were a lot of event id 5005, 5032, 5055 and 6062 errors (some of which I have seen before in the aforementioned random network disconnects). I've been desperately trying to fix these errors by installing drivers for the Intel Wi-Fi 6-E ax210 calling these events, to no avail. I tried updating the BIOS to the latest 1004 build (from the 805), just for the problem to persist. Furthermore, I have experienced multiple crashes with no BSOD, just random critical Kernel-Power 41. The crashes, audio, and cursor stuttering occur even when the wireless adapter is disabled from the BIOS. I have also tried restore points, fresh Windows 10 installs, and Windows 11 installs, also to no avail. Today I ran memtest86 10.3, to see if the issues were RAM related, it crashed two times, and when I removed the rightmost RAM stick, it ran perfectly and completed all tests with no errors. However, the wireless adapter errors and general system stuttering (with the cursor and audio only) are still present, although the system hasn't crashed without the stick of RAM. My computer also froze when I tried re-enabling the wireless adapter from the BIOS. I think that this is a motherboard issue since the CPU (7950x) can do CBR23 for 30 minutes straight without experiencing a system crash. The PSU is also very likely not the culprit, I built the PC 6 months ago and never experienced a PSU-related issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I will update this post with any further developments.

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @MrUltraMetro .

May I ask if you have any software or hardware changes before this situation occurred?
Such as installing drivers/software, or connecting an external hard drive?
The Event ID 5005, 5032, 5055 and 6062 are all related to Windows Defender encountered problems.
It is recommend that checking that your Windows Defender is updated to the latest version and ensure it is functioning properly.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hi, @Jiaszzz_ROG,

Thanks for replying. The issue started of nowhere, first with one crash and random disconnects during the last two weeks of March, then with the audio stutter and cursor/pointer stutter with frequent crashes starting this month of April. I did not update drivers or BIOS, and after I did, it changed nothing. I also changed to Windows 11, thinking it was a Windows error as you speculate, just to find that the issue persists even after a fresh Windows install. I have also experienced one crash in the BIOS, and two in memtest86, so it seems not to be a software-related issue.

image-1.png

These are the errors that appeared in the Event Log right when the issue started. All of them from their descriptions seem to be involved with the wireless network adapter in the motherboard (Intel WiFi ax210 160hz), and they will explain the network issues the computer has been simultaneously having while all of these things are happening. Since my post, I haven't been home a lot, but I was able to test the RAM DIMM which I removed, which seemed to have ceased the crashes entirely, after the fact. The RAM DIMM passed all tests with 0 errors. I have yet to see if putting both sticks of RAM will cause crashes to happen again at random. It is also worth mentioning, that although leaving only one RAM slot populated seemed to have stopped the crashes, the network, and system stutters issue persists.

I have a question about something that happened during my BIOS update from 805 to 1004 using EZ Flash. When I was prompted about the Thunderbolt firmware being updated, it gave out an offset error. Is this normal? Would you recommend me to go back to 805?

Thanks for your help.

MrUltraMetro
Level 7

After testing both DIMMS slotted in the motherboard, I get a crash when doing memtest86 and randomly while using my computer. I recorded the screen while memtet86 was running, and the computer abruptly shutsdown when doing Test 8, Random Number Sequence, around the 10-minute mark, this happened consistently in four of the memtest86 test I did while recording. When doing stress tests like Prime95, I would get stutters as usual, and a hard-crash when stopping all workers. I read online that this could be due to faulty memory controller, but I can't figure out how would that explain the wireless adapter errors, frequent WiFi disconnects, and extremely inconsistent connectivity.

Would the culprit be my motherboard all along? I can't figure out exactly what is wrong with my computer, so if somebody has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Anyway to try a  different set of ram.  I had my memtest fail on test 7 and turned  out the cpu was bad.   

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @MrUltraMetro .

According to the situation you describe, it is recommended that you cross-test with memory in the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO's QVL list and another driver (SSD/HDD), then reinstall Windows to confirm whether the problem can be eliminated.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂