cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-570 gaming -E Display Codes

8eofilos
Level 9

I have no problem with the motherboard but I have a question. Up to about a few weeks ago, my display always had the OC code on the motherboard which means overclocked. Even when I upgraded the BIOS to be able to use my new 5900X that I have overclocked. But a few days ago, I installed to additional RAM that are identical with the first ones. The system is working flawless but now I get the code 9E. I had an issue with the recognition of my dual monitor setup. It sometimes just forgets that I have two monitors and I have to open NVidia panel to enable the second display. I have to restart a few times for the PC to understand which is number 1 and 2. I have the ROG 3070 Ti OC 8 GB. It's kind of weird because no matter what cable I use, it just doesn't want to register the 1st monitor on the left. Then after a few attempts, I manage to fix it. But I still get the 9E code that says that it means that TPM has been initialized... Should I worry or not?

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @8eofilos 

Could you confirm if you are currently using the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming and your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 5003, released on October 31, 2023, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking.
Aside from the error codes "0C" and "9E," is your system able to boot and operate normally during the POST and system usage?

Regarding TPM initialization, it refers to the process of setting the internal state and data of the TPM hardware security chip to its starting or default values.
When the system enables TPM functionality for the first time, initialization is required to ensure the correct configuration and settings.
Similarly, when upgrading the TPM hardware version, initialization may be needed to ensure the proper operation of the new version.
For more information, please refer to the following link: 
[Motherboard] Which ASUS model supports Windows 11 and how to setup TPM 2.0 in BIOS?
Troubleshoot the TPM

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂