cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows dynamic lighting support for current and future devices

Vondollie
Level 7

I would like to see support for windows dynamic lighting for current devices, as other manufacturers do (such as asrock, logitech, etc.). I have a premium motherboard released at the end of 2022 and it does not have WDL support. And the support told me that ASUS is not going to add it, although asrock has added support to all of its current boards. I also did not see information about support for windows dynamic lighting in future devices. As I understand it, ASUS released a couple of devices with support when the news about windows dynamic lighting came out, and is no longer going to do this. This is a very important function as it allows you to natively control the backlight of devices. I would not build a computer with ASUS components if I knew that they would not support such a technology.

In summary: I ask you to add support for windows dynamic lighting for current devices and release devices with support for this functionality.

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Vondollie 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Could you please confirm your current motherboard model, BIOS, OS, and OS build version?
We recommend referring to the [Armoury Crate] Windows Dynamic Lighting FAQ and ensuring your hardware and software specifications match.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO, BIOS 2007, Windows 11 22631.3737
There is no motherboard that supports Dynamic Lighting

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Vondollie 

Thank you for sharing the specification information and valuable feedback.
I will forward it to our relevant teams for further evaluation and consideration in the future.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Having recently purchased an Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 (2023), I too look forward to having Windows Dynamic Lighting support with Asus Armory Crate. Right now, it seems only the Intel models (16 and 18) are supported, and only the 2024 models. It is rather disappointing to see so many high end laptop models from last year still omitted from the list. How long before the list of supported laptops gets updated again and will the AMD models SCAR 17, 2023+2024, be included in the next update? Thanks 😊 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Vondollie 

Upon verification, we anticipate implementing the WDL for X670 series motherboards in the third quarter.
Please update the relevant items in the Armoury Crate update center at that time to obtain Windows Dynamic Lighting support.
Upon release, the compatible device list in the [Armoury Crate] Windows Dynamic Lighting FAQ will also be updated accordingly.
Thank you.

Hello, @dublindave 

For information regarding laptop products, please start a discussion thread in the "GAMING NOTEBOOKS" section or consult with @Anbby_ROG.
Thank you for your interest in and support of ASUS products!