cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 installation issue: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI II + i9-14900k

DragonFly1
Level 8

Hi guys, 1st post here so bear with me 🙂 

I just assembled my 1st PC (pretty much all ROG products) and all good so far. Nothing exploded 🙂

Now, that all is assembled and working properly (allegedly) I'm trying to install Windows11 out of a USB as a 1st install. Surprise surprise I have that bloody error message that "some drivers couldn't be found" before Windows 11 starts its installation. 

Did anyone had this issue with the same or similar motherboard? If so how did you solve it? 

Can't believe I spent all this money on a brand new PC and now the most basic stuff doesn't even work - install Windows 11...

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Rooke
Level 11

Did it happen to mention which drivers couldn't be found? 

The last time I saw that error was when trying to use a RAID setup.  If you're not planning on installing Windows to RAID, make sure you have RAID turned off in the BIOS.  Otherwise, if you are planning on using RAID, those drivers have to be included installation image - instructions to do that can be found by searching Google.

I have read that some people had problems trying to install Windows with only a wireless internet setup, but I'm not familiar with the details about that.

Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DragonFly1 

We recommend checking the steps in [Motherboard] How to install Windows 11? to ensure no steps are missing or incorrect.
If necessary, please cross-test with different installation USBs.
Also, if needed, please refer to the following link: 
[Motherboard] How to download and install LAN driver from ASUS Download Center
Is there any suggestion procedure to install the drivers?
If the information above doesn't help you complete the installation successfully, please provide screenshots or videos of the issues you are currently facing for us to better understand your situation.

Thank you.

DragonFly1
Level 8

Problem was solved with the offical Microsoft usb. All is working well now. Thank you

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DragonFly1 

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to start another discussion thread or PM me anytime.

Thank you.