cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 bluetooth driver will not install for ROG STRIX Z790-H GAMING WIFI mobo

mercyinthreeeee
Level 7

Hello,

I built a PC with the AsusROG STRIX Z790-H GAMING WIFI motherboard. I got the Wi-Fi to work fine and installed all other drivers. However, when I run the Bluetooth driver (AsusSETUP.exe), nothing happens. It asks me for admin permissions, to which I say yes, and after that there is no sign of the program running.

As you can see, the bluetooth does not work.

Bluetooth-not-working.png

It is not a hardware connection issue, as this motherboard's wifi adapter is the same as the bluetooth adapter, and the wifi has been fine.

My specs, in case it matters:

• CPU: Intel i9-13900K
  • GPU: Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER OC Edition
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
  • SSD: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

What may I do to install this driver and get the bluetooth working?

Thanks to any assistance!

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @mercyinthreeeee 

Based on the image you shared, it appears that Bluetooth functionality can be enabled, recognized, or connected to Bluetooth devices under the system.
May I ask if you are currently experiencing issues with installing the Bluetooth driver correctly?
Kindly refer to the steps outlined in [Windows 11/10] Troubleshooting: Bluetooth Functionality Anomaly Issue.
If necessary, consider updating the BIOS to the latest version 2202, clearing CMOS, and rebooting before confirming again.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hello,

I ran the Windows bluetooth troubleshooter and it fixed the problem. Thanks!

Hello, @mercyinthreeeee 

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to start another discussion thread or PM me anytime.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂