cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Version of BIOS for ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

Xovation
Level 7

I've recently upgraded my system to Windows 11 and enhanced my RAM, after which I've encountered occasional BSODs. I've updated all relevant drivers to ensure compatibility with my new setup:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
RAM: Upgraded to 16GB DDR4 3600MHz (Crucial Ballistix)
My current BIOS version is 1407, dated April 1, 2020. In light of the upgrades and to address the BSODs, I'm considering a BIOS update. I've noticed the latest available version is 5003 as of July 6, 2023. However, I've come across mentions of potential Windows activation issues with this version and I'm cautious about proceeding without further input.

I'm seeking advice on which BIOS version is recommended for my setup to enhance stability and performance. Is version 5003 the best path forward, or is there a more stable/recommended version I should consider? Additionally, any insights into the mentioned activation issues would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Xovation 

Upgrading the BIOS can enhance system stability and may introduce additional features, depending on the model or version.
We recommend you keep your system up to date by installing the latest BIOS to benefit from improved functionality and performance enhancements.
If needed, you can consult the pertinent instructions in [Motherboard] How to update BIOS of the motherboard ?(Include different generation CPU), or refer to the description below the BIOS version for the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI).

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Xovation
Level 7

I did update my bios to latest version (5003). Things seems to be more stable so far. Hopefully it continues that way.

Thank you all

There is a new bios 5013 just released..