cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is that warning ? any idea ? " please ensure to connect

TheBati
Level 7

Hello all,

i bought a new mobo, its z790-f rog strix. after i complete to bulid i see that warning everytime. i already try with different psu but its same. it seems mobo cant see even one 8 pin connectors but i want to ask you. do you have any idea about it ? mobo is in the technical service now and i am waiting for their feedback.

anakart.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

If you've initiated an RMA, has the motherboard already been removed from the system? The prompt suggests the system is unable to verify if a single ATX12V is connected correctly or not. On Z790 I would recommend connecting both ATX12V connectors, as depending on the CPU SKU and workload it's possible to draw circa 350w [from cpu] when overclocked.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hello, thnx for fast feedback. 

actually its in technical service and they are checking still.

mobo and the system is brend new and i could not use even one day. after i see that warning first i unplugged the cables and plugged again. i tried the connectors to connect one by one and ofcourse i connect both 8-pin connectors but it seems mobo cant see even one of them. 

my psu is rog thor 850w p2, i wanted to be sure about psu and i send it to RMA also and the feedback is there is no problem about psu, i try also with different psu. same warning. 

it seems there is something wrong with mobo. i dont think that because of cpu. i dont know what can i do. 😞

so it is necessary to write to Asus that the Turkish representation does not deal with the matter. and then I think they will order the motherboard from one of their service centers. or simply replaced. good luck, but you shouldn't let it go, that's why I can only say good things about Asus service. they handled the matter for me within two weeks.

what is the asus global mail adresses ? Asus Turkey is not working very well. i am really disappointed. they are working with a pc service. its not their own asus service. and that service do stupid tests...

hello, 

late answer sorry. I already connect 2 connectors but it did not see that even one of them was connected, mobo went to the service twice and they did not accept the problem. They made a test with the 12th generation i3 and in this test pc is turned on without warning.  and they said that there was no problem and the card was sent back. I wanted to test with i7 or i9, but they sent the card back without testing.. Unfortunately they are not doing their job properly.

i bouth new mobo, i tested the same system and its working now very well... 

JohnAb
Level 17

When you tried a different PSU, did you try different cables? Just thinking it could be a faulty cable or motherboard connector perhaps. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

yes i tried different psu and different cables. same warning 😕

JohnAb
Level 17

OK, my guess would be the motherboard then. Not a problem I have come across before. Hopefully tech service will be able to help. Good luck, hope it gets sorted soon. 

Z690 Hero, BIOS 3401, MEI 2345.5.3.0, ME Firmware 16.1.30.2361, 7000X Case, RM1000x PSU, i9 12900K, ASUS TUF OC 3090TI, 2 x 16GB Corsair RAM @ 5200MHz, Windows 11 Pro 23H2, Corsair H150i Elite AIO, 4x Corsair RGB fans, 3x M.2 NVME drives, 2x SATA SSDs, 2x SATA HDs.

thnx for your feedback @JohnAb actually i saw that problem first time,  i never seen that before, i m also thinking its because of motherboard :(.

i hope tech service will help, i hope. thnx for your best wishes.