TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - iGPU Multi Monitor Issue

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hi, i am on bios 0812.

Setup:

- TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - iGPU

- Intel I7-13700k

- TUF Nvidia 4070Ti OC

- Primary monitor 2k connected via display port to the PCIe video card (TUF 4070ti OC)

- Secondary monitor 1280*1024 connecctet via display port  (with a display port to VGA adapter) to the mother board (CPU intel graphic card)

Issue

When i select iGPU Multi Monitor i use to select PCIe as primary screen, but when i boot Windows or even when i am installing it, i can see only on secondary monitor .

I have tryed all combinations in that menu (even varying default mem from 31 to 512)

The fun fact is that i disable iGPU Muilti Monitor, i can even use the secondary monitor on the motherboard and windows seems to see it.

I think that is something missing in BIOS and even if i varying that menu, the configuration remain fixed on iGPU Multi Monitor enable and CPU graphic card as primary.

Is this a bug or a missed configuration?

Any suggestion?

Very thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Hi, yes i mean that both screens display correctly after login

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

According to your description, both of the screens display correctly during BIOS/POST and after logging in to Windows, such behavior should be normal.

Thank you.

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hi, sorry but that is incorrect.

Windows is smart enough to fix the priority, but if i'll use an operating system with no screen priority selection, the order will be wrong.

In my previous setup the PCIe screen was always set as first even during the boot.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

Could you right-click on the Windows desktop and select Display Settings > Confirm if the priority of the two screens in Display Settings is correct?

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG.

Yes it is set this way.

Thank you

Priorità.jpg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

Could you try setting the upper display to 1 and the lower display to 2?
This should show in the upper display logging in to windows.

Thank you.

I have made the test

I cannot switch the number assigned to display (that depend on windows assignment, in my case the upper monitor was conected after windows installation so i suppose it is ok)

But i can set the upper monitor as primary (in windows of course) and the result is exactly your prediction.

So yes, with this settings the login window is on upper screen

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hello, I leave you an update on the problem.

ASUS Support initially confirmed the issue by letting me do multiple monitor tests with a technician.

After weeks of questions and answers, the assistance told me that the behavior is normal, however I don't agree: if that behavior were normal, what should change by changing the setting of that function from the BIOS? I've never noticed a difference, so there's definitely a problem.

ViperWolf89
Level 8

New update, i have bought a samsung monitor S31C (S24C312).

If i connect this monitor on video card HDMI port all gone good, it go to stand by when no source detect and wake up when input video is detected... in any case

But when i connect it to the motherboard (Intel iGPU)... if it goes to stand by in the exact moment that signal is send, it cant wake up, the PC seems to recognize it but the monitor is off and i have to power ON by hands.

this happend for example on reboot when signal lost on HDMI plus 3 seconds timer corrispond exatly with the mem test of about 9 secs of the PC before POST and signal send to the video ports

It is obviosly, not a motherboard issue at 100% (other monitor haven't this problem), but in some part it is (other video output and devices haven't this problem)

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 

Thank you for the update.
As of today, the official website of the TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI has released a new BIOS version, 1205, on June 26th.
We recommend that you try updating to this version and perform a CMOS clear to confirm the settings further.

Thank you.