TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - iGPU Multi Monitor Issue

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hi, i am on bios 0812.

Setup:

- TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - iGPU

- Intel I7-13700k

- TUF Nvidia 4070Ti OC

- Primary monitor 2k connected via display port to the PCIe video card (TUF 4070ti OC)

- Secondary monitor 1280*1024 connecctet via display port  (with a display port to VGA adapter) to the mother board (CPU intel graphic card)

Issue

When i select iGPU Multi Monitor i use to select PCIe as primary screen, but when i boot Windows or even when i am installing it, i can see only on secondary monitor .

I have tryed all combinations in that menu (even varying default mem from 31 to 512)

The fun fact is that i disable iGPU Muilti Monitor, i can even use the secondary monitor on the motherboard and windows seems to see it.

I think that is something missing in BIOS and even if i varying that menu, the configuration remain fixed on iGPU Multi Monitor enable and CPU graphic card as primary.

Is this a bug or a missed configuration?

Any suggestion?

Very thanks

21 REPLIES 21

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hi, i have made another test, i used this time a fullHD monitor linked via HDMI to HDMI cable in the motherboard, and this behaves exactly as the other VGA monitor, so the adaptor is not the problem 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

May I ask if you have enabled the "iGPU Multi-Monitor" option under BIOS > Advanced Mode > System Agent (SA) Configuration?
Additionally,please go to Advanced Mode > System Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display and select the PCIe option to set the main display as the graphics card output, enable "iGPU" and select "iGFX" for the primary output option, and "HDMI" for the secondary output option.

After completing the above steps, please shut down, reconnect the display, and then reboot to check whether the display is normal.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks for the reply 

- Yes i have enabled iGPU Multi-Monitor axactly as you said

- Yes i have set Prumary Display as PCIe (but i have tried all other options and result is the same)

- There is no option to select Primary or secondary output (cannot see even iGFX or HFMI to select in none of the menu on bios setting...) You can refer tu this manual 
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/13MANUAL/PRIME_PROART_TUF_GAMING_INTEL_700_Series_BIOS_EM_WEB_...

Thnk you

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Sorry think i missed something on URL post... yuou can find the manual in support page of motherboard indicated.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

Have you installed both the iGPU and GPU drivers? If you have installed both the Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver Version 31.0.101.3302 and the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers Version 531.29, but the primary monitor connected to the graphics card still has no display under the operating system, please provide us with the following information so that we can better understand your situation.

- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- the content of the setting in BIOS, image of iGPU Multi-Monitor and Primary display

Thank you.

Hi @Jiaszzz_ROG  

Maybe i have exposed wrongly the problem (sorry for my bad english).

But, the problem regards only the booting/installation moment of Windows, when reach the login screeen, all go in the correct way because the Driver/Setting of windows itself

• During BIOS/POST the screen is in clone mode -> OK (although the bad resolution on the biggest screen while showing the "Please press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS setting" message/logo... this is due to minor resolution of other screen)
  • During windows bootloader (loading circle icon) or Windows installation itself -> KO, showing on wrong monitor and the other is black
  • From login to normal windows use -> OK, windows set the monitor order in the correct way

Anyways this is my other hardware configuration
PSU: Enermax Revolution D.F. Gold (850w)

RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s DDR5 CL40

CPU: Intel I7-13700K

The other information i can post later when go back home

Thank you

ViperWolf89
Level 8

Hi, the driver version is up to date

Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver Version 31.0.101.3302

- NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers Version 531.29

I attach 2 photo with description of setting (uefi bios) and the scenario reported on las replytest_settings.jpgtest_scenario.jpg

ViperWolf89
Level 8

I have made another test (not a real scenario... the "fun" fact in my first post).test_settings_extreme.jpg

And then the situation is the same: clone bios/post -> primary monitor upper at bootloader -> primary monitor lower at windows login, BUT Windows recognize with no problem the Intel GPU, of course only if it is connected)

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ViperWolf89 .

May I know if you mean both of your screens display correctly after logging in to your Windows user account?

Thank you.