cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Profile

Aronox
Level 7

Hey so it's been a while since i got the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI x570. Got it after my MSI motherboard failed to keep up with the R5900x, but in armory crate i see that there's no option to change system profile like power saving, balanced, perf. etc. I could do this in Dragon Centre on MSI but is this missing in Armory Crate for Asus Motherboards? Is it only limited to Asus's Laptop? It's so annoying that  I have to use AiSuite to overclock and then go to the bios to un-overclock but it also Resets all other bios changed i had made. This was sooo comfortable with the MSI mobo as i could change everything right from the app. Please tell me if the feature is missing on PC or if I have a Bad install.

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Aronox .

May I ask if you downloaded the Armoury Crate from the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) official website's support page?
Please go to Armory Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version first.
If the problem persists,please try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall it and reinstall via the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) support page, finish the update again, and reboot.

Thank you.

Hi!! Thank you for replying to my post. I  had almost thought that no one is ever going to see it. So you are saying that it is possible to change the system settings like power profile on Asus mother boards using Armory Crate just like it is possible on Asus Laptops? I  had recently updated all the components listed in the Update Centre and still don't have  the ability to change the system configuration from Armory Crate. So should I  just go ahead with the reinstallation? Or is the feature really limited to Asus' Laptops? 

a side note: I  had recently recently checked on the Armory Crate website about what it can do and on the motherboards section I  don't think I  had found that system settings was listed. So my question, again, Can I  change the system settings like power plan Balanced/ High performance/ power saving etc not the fan profiles but the system power profile from the Armory Crate Application?

oh also about from where I  downloaded it, it was from the microsoft store as I  was prompted ot download it as I  turn on the pc with the new motherboard. Also I  didn't reinatall windows because I  knew it would work without the hassel as all the components were the same. and it did work but maybe this is why I  don't have the option to change power profiles from within Armory Crate?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Aronox .

Sorry if I misunderstood you.
In the armory crate of the motherboard, there is no special "mode."
We have more detailed settings to adjust in the control panel of the home page,
including CPU clock, temperature, usage, fan speed, voltage, etc.
Or you can adjust it in the BIOS.

Please refer to [Motherboard] Armoury Crate - Introduction and Armoury Crate if needed.

Thank you.

Aronox
Level 7

Hi sorry I was away from home so couldn't reply sooner. I think i haven't been able to express myself here fully. Here are some screenshots:

2.png

2fb1ca1c-1891-4b8d-b9ec-167e58eadc52.png

 Above you can see in the MSI Dragon centre, user scenario has these modes, which not only adjust the fan speed but also change the power mode like PowerSaving(silent), Balanced, performance which takes effect in Windows Control centre also

Aronox_0-1682195635693.png

now on the above ASUS screenshot, u can see in System Configuration box, there's an option called "Operation mode" which does what i just said the MSI dragon centre does in their user scenario. But on my PC i don't have these options in Armory Crate. So is it only available on Asus Laptops or is my Installation of Armory Crate faulty? Here's a screenshot of my Armory Crate:

Aronox_1-1682195866778.png

And always, thank you  for your time.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Aronox .

As I replied earlier, in the armory crate of the motherboard, there is no special "mode."
In addition to the related settings mentioned earlier, it is also recommended that you refer to [Motherboard] – EPU introduction for further settings for EPU options.

Thank you.