cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX Z790-H Gaming WIFI issues

goldphish96
Level 7

Been working on a nightmare build.  I've now had to RMA RAM, MB, and PSU.   The system 'turns on' but, there is no tones, but the system appears to not post.  I also pulled the external GPU and tried the on-board GPU.. still nothing.   I'm out of ideas what to check next.  Any idea of what else needs to be checked? 

Intel Core i9-13900K - Core i9 13th Gen Raptor Lake 24-Core (8P+16E

CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM1000x CP-9020201-NA 1000 W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified

G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6400 Desktop Memory Model F5-6400J3239G16GX2-TZ5RK

SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB, PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280, Speeds Up-to 6,400MB/s 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @goldphish96 

May I ask if the issue you are facing is that the system does not go through POST and directly enters the OS upon boot?
Is this a situation that occurred after your initial build, or did it arise following any specific software or hardware changes, such as a BIOS update?
Could you kindly share the current BIOS version, and is the fast boot setting in the BIOS configured as [Disabled]?

We recommend attempting to resolve the issue by clearing the CMOS.
If the problem persists, please provide additional context and details.
Thank you.

Thanks for the response...  No, it doesn't post and doesn't load the OS either.. just 'turns on' i.e. the LEDs come on for the RAM, Fans, GPU.. but nothing..  Come to find out the Pins on the CPU cradle were bent/broken, and there was damage to the underside of the CPU.. both have been RMA'd and waiting on replacements.. didn't pull the CPU initially.. At least i have an idea..   Thanks again! 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @goldphish96 

Thank you for your response.
Since you have already submitted it for repair, we recommend that you wait for the repair center's subsequent diagnosis or further assistance.
If you encounter any difficulties or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message with detailed context at any time.

Thank you.