cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX B650E-F GSkill 6000 memory speed error EXPO

CastleBrav0
Level 8

You've heard this one before I'm sure-

Strix B650E-F, 7800x3d and 2x32g sticks of GSkill 6000mt/s at CL 32. (F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5NR). This is a kit I checked this motherboard's compatibility page for, copy-pasted the product code to Amazlave, and matched the sticks and bios. IT ONLY RUNS AT 4800! I can't get it to run in EXPO settings.

I've updated to 1807 bios, and tried leaving it booting for half an hour, but the board still hangs on orange "memory" LED. I even tried following this videos steps on manually setting the same board and memory speed/voltage, no result. https://youtu.be/vz3n0CYV_5I?si=tv4ut2NgC3pruoJe&t=218

I double checked I'm running the correct "B" slots, I'm tempted to swap them over to the other ones for lulz.

Has anyone had any luck with other bios rolebacks? Thanks in advance for all the help.

In this video we will be showing how to overclock your ram on ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING Motherboard. ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING Motherboard links: Amazon: ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, as stated before, I tried the ram sticks in A2 and B2 to start. They are also matching dimms from the same kit from the same manufacturer, in the same box.

I ended up manually setting the MT/S to 5800. I could adjust the timings and voltage more, but I guess this is good enough for now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CastleBrav0
Level 8

I just attempted to swap the two sticks to the 1-a 1-b slots, and the board failed to boot after 20 minutes, cmos clears and all. Booted fine when put back.

I also tried single sticks, each of the pair in every 4 slots. Only 2A and 2B booted with a single stick, and neither slot or stick ran with EXPO in EZ Tune, or EXPO1 in AI Tweaker. They would only post in 4800mt.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @CastleBrav0 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Please install the memory modules in the DIMM_A2 and B2 slots as recommended in the ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI user manual.

For the BIOS settings related to memory overclocking, we suggest clearing the CMOS, restarting, and entering the BIOS.
Then, navigate to the following path: “BIOS > Ai Tweaker > Ai Overclock Tuner” and try the settings [EXPO I] or [DOCP I], as the timing options are optimized by ASUS. Save the settings and restart to check if the issue persists.
If needed, you can try installing a single memory module in the DIMM_A2 slot, after successfully overclocking and entering the system, shut down and reinstall the second memory module.
Please notice that you should not mix DIMMs from different memory kits, even if they are the same brand and model (e.g., two DIMMs each from two different memory kits). Mixing and matching DIMMs can result in failure to boot and compatibility issues. In particular, the stability of a system with mixed DIMMs cannot be guaranteed when XMP (Intel)/D.O.C.P. (AMD)/EXPO (AMD)/AEMP/AEMPII is enabled.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Yes, as stated before, I tried the ram sticks in A2 and B2 to start. They are also matching dimms from the same kit from the same manufacturer, in the same box.

I ended up manually setting the MT/S to 5800. I could adjust the timings and voltage more, but I guess this is good enough for now.