cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutdown during normal restart after update new Bios 5003 on Strix E-Gaming x570

MaxGere83
Level 7

Hi, after i updated the Bios with the latest 5003 version on my x570 E-gaming i start to get a strange behaviour. Looks like the soft reset, the one pushing the reset button or simply from Windows restart, is shutting down the pc few seconds before the restart. Even during a normal power on the pc start like 1 second, shut down and restart. With the previous BIOS there was a classic soft restart. I restored every setting as before in the BIOS but this is something i cannot control (or i cannot find the setting). Did someone got a similar issue?

7 REPLIES 7

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @MaxGere83 

Could you please clarify if the issue you are currently experiencing, after updating to BIOS 5003 and clearing CMOS, involves the system shutting down immediately upon restart and then powering on again?
Additionally, could you specify which BIOS version you upgraded from to reach version 5003?
During the restart process, do the RGB lights and fans also activate initially, only to subsequently shut down and restart? Is this sequence repeated with every restart, and does it not occur during a cold boot?
Kindly provide the following information to help us better understand your issue:.
- the images of the BIOS mainpage and setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, RAM (part number as well), and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build
- provide a comprehensive video recording of the problem

Thank you.

Hello,

before go into the details as i need more time to collect all info.

I can first provide base informations:

1. if i remember correctly i moved from 4403 to 5003. Reason: i started to see stuttering and freezing during Diablo 4 gameplays.

2. the sequence can be seen in 2 ways:

2a. after windows restart the pc start the boot but shutdown after 2 seconds and restart alone to complete correctly the restart

2b. from a complete shutdown(cold boot): just pushing the start button the pc starts for 1 second, shutdown again and restart alone to complete the boot. As far as i can imagine fans are not starting in this condition, light are starting for a moment.

3. My pc configuration is a Ryzen 3600x, GPU Asus ROG strix 2070 Super OC, 4x8 G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC, PSU Corsair RM850x. I have cable extensions to connect the supply to MB and GPU. CPU is supplied with standard cable. No GPU riser or other extensions are installed.

4. Windows is a mess: Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 build 22631.2792 ni_release

I actually identified the cause of the restart but i cannot explain why this changed after the BIOS update.

Looks like the DOCP is not working anymore and specifically the DRAM frequency set to 3600 MHz (actually even lower) is creating this problem. I have 4x8GB RAM G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC and i always used the DOCP standard set the BIOS propose (3600 MHZ 16-19-19-19-39) and it always worked.

Removing the DOCP and leaving all to Auto is working as intended. Have to say i started to see games crash from the last 2 days after the updates. I might imagine a faulty part at the moment causing all this or a frequency misalignment between FCLK and Memory (still a faulty part probably). I tried to roll back the BIOS version but without success and the issues is now always present.

I saw other post on internet with similar issue and was also in their case mostly unsolvable unless decrese the frequency of the RAM or increase further the voltage over specification (> 1.35V).

Thank you.

after updating to this on a tuf x570 pro, it loops, detecting video, my tv even sees it and starts setting up then the green light goes out and the mother board goes back threw the post events again over and over, the video card works fine in my old pc, everything was fine untill this bios update, I have tried flash back that doesnt fix it. bios is bugged on tuf x570 pro

MaxGere83
Level 7

As small update I tried with only 2 memory sticks and it works also with the DOCP enabled. All 4 sticks are working normally if only 2 are used per time. I tried 3 sticks and already started to make the problem described. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @MaxGere83 

The description you provided suggests that memory stability issues are likely causing the instability during boot.
May I inquire if you are currently using DOCP I for memory overclocking?
We recommend trying either DOCP I or EXPO I overclocking settings.
Additionally, upon checking, it appears that the memory part number you provided is not listed in the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming's QVL.
If possible, we suggest cross-testing overclocking with memory models listed in the QVL for better stability.
For relevant instructions, please refer to the "purchasing and installation guide" on the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming's QVL page, as well as the guide in [Motherboard] How to query (CPU/memory) QVL List?
Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG ,

DOCP was always been enabled before the BIOS upgrade. After the upgrade is possible to use it only with 2 memory sticks but not with 4. 4 sticks work without DOCP enabled. The memory is listed in the QVL for the 4x16GB with exactly the same speed and CAS latency, i expect my smaller memory are covered by this case. By the way, the case is taken directly by the Asus Customer Service.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @MaxGere83 

Could you kindly check that your part number is correct due to being unable to confirm the inclusion of "4x8 G.Skill F4-3600C16-8GTZNC" memory in the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming's QVL?
According to your description, it seems that there are no boot issues or abnormalities when using default BIOS settings or when installing only two memory modules.
Regarding memory overclocking, to further validate your settings, could you please provide images of the BIOS main page and memory overclocking settings?
Additionally, please help to confirm whether you have enabled DOCP I or if there is an option to adjust to EXPO I.

Thank you.