cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 990 Pro 2TB {Heatsink} | Motherboard POST issue

Drearox
Level 7

Hello everyone,

I recently got a Samsung 990 Pro 2TB with a heatsink and encountered some issues. I think the motherboard is responsible for this. (Here's a rundown of the events:

1. Installed the Samsung 990 Pro 2TB with heatsink without any hitches.
2. Computer failed to POST; troubleshooting involved removing all USB devices with no success.
3. Only successful POST occurred after removing the newly installed 990 Pro NVMe SSD.
4. Into the BIOS, reinserted the SSD, and successfully POSTed again with the 990 Pro inserted after reboot from BIOS.
5. Windows installation initiated, but during the reboot process, the system hung and failed to POST.
6. Seeking assistance at Memory Express, they were unable to read the NVMe on their test machine, indicating it was recognized as dead.
7. Received a replacement from Memory Express, but now the same boot loop issue persisted.
8. Boot loop and random POSTs occurred after approximately 5 minutes, with LEDs on the motherboard indicating continuous looping.

Any insights or experiences with this issue? I also have another NVMe drive that works flawlessly; the intention was to upgrade, but I'm currently facing persistent problems with the Samsung 990 Pro. Disappointed and seeking advice.

I updated my BIOS to the latest version. I checked on Samsung Magician and the drive was latest firmware as well.

Mother board is ASUS x570 TUF Gaming (Wifi)

5 REPLIES 5

Drearox
Level 7

Please anyone can help me with this...

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Drearox 

Could you please confirm the current BIOS version and tell me whether this is the TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI), or TUF GAMING X570-PRO WIFI II that is being used? 
If you haven't up-to-date it yet, we recommend trying to update to the latest version and clearing the CMOS before reconfirming.
Regarding the Q-LED indicators, if multiple lights are on simultaneously, preventing a successful POST and system entry, please refer to the instructions in "[Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators" for troubleshooting.
Meanwhile, we recommend consulting "[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - No Power/No Boot/No Display" and conducting tests with minimal components to identify potential causes.
Concerning the issue with the unrecognized M.2, we suggest cross-testing different slots or following the instructions in "[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - Cannot find the hard disk drive or SSD(M.2) after motherboard powers..." and setting [Launch CSM] to [Enabled].

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

Hi @Jiaszzz_ROG ,

Drearox_0-1702069273400.png

Here is the picture for the specs. Motherboard Model: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) 
I've tried the clearing CMOS recently as instructed. The bios is updated to the latest firmware BIOS Version: 5003.

Here is a video of issue: https://youtube.com/shorts/9-LPuqqprnE

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Drearox 

Thank you for providing the specification information.
In the case of the Q-led indicator cycling, boot loop, and the inability to pass through POST to enter the system, would these issues persist if you removed the SSD?
Could you specify in which M.2 slot the current SSD is installed?
If you cross-test with the other slot, does it help eliminate this issue?

Have you attempted tests with minimal components to isolate potential causes, as I previously mentioned?
Regarding your previous contact with the dealer for a replacement SSD, have you provided feedback to the dealer that the issue still persists?

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

In the case of the Q-led indicator cycling, boot loop, and the inability to pass through POST to enter the system, would these issues persist if you removed the SSD?
  1. It would not persist if removed SSD, it boots into BIOS as normal.

Could you specify in which M.2 slot the current SSD is installed?
If you cross-test with the other slot, does it help eliminate this issue?
  1. The Samsung 990 Pro 2TB with Heatsink was installed in slot 1.
  2. I cross-tested it with the other slot for two days and it seems to be working on the 2nd slot.
    This is an issue because now my second SSD is without heatsink.

Have you attempted tests with minimal components to isolate potential causes, as I previously mentioned?
Regarding your previous contact with the dealer for a replacement SSD, have you provided feedback to the dealer that the issue still persists?
  1. Yes.
  2. Yes.