cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Z790 Dark Hero

xpac5896
Level 8

Have a small problem, well actually problems. First off, My case, which is the Thermaltake 71 View RGB has 4 pin connectors for fans, which are 120mm and the Dark Hero only has 3 pin headers and I have 3 fans, 2 intakes, 1 exhaust, the front 2 are RGB, don't tell me I got to get rid of these fans. Secondly, how the heck is the Dark hero supposed to be turned on or off from the case? Don't tell me to use the START button on the motherboard. Will the dark Hero support Windows 11 PRO? I know it supports Windows 11but my understanding in order to run PRO you must have a TPM and if the Dark Hero does support 11 PRO is it necessary to have a TPM. I've read somewhere if you update the BIOS it should support 11 PRO. Just wondering if it's true or not.  Just three little problems. Would appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey, thanks for that information. I had no idea that a TPM was built in. Then once the PTT is enabled, I should have no problems. I will read the FAQ you provided. Thanks again

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nate152

Hello xpac5896

1) The ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero has 4-pin pwm fan headers.

PWM.png

2) Connect the front panel cables from the case to the System Panel header, these are small 2-pin cables that are usually colored and labled.

Front Panel Header.png

3) The ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero supports windows 11 out of the box, all you may need to do is enable the PTT setting in the bios.

First, I'd like to thank you for answering my questions but does enabling the PTT setting in the BIOS allow you to install Windows 11 Pro? My understanding, since I've been running 11 Pro on this computer, is that a TPM is required to run it and I do have a TPM on this computer. I also have been reading, on another subject, that because SSD drives have their own encryption, and 11 PRO uses BITLOCKER it is causing a problem between the two. Have you heard anything about this? The reason I ask is because it might be better for me to us 11 Home instead of PRO. Just curious.

Hi Xpac, if unable to install Windows 11 Pro whilst whilst he board is at complete operating defaults, follow the FAQ here. All recent ROG motherboards have a built in TPM 2.0 module.

[Motherboard] Which ASUS model supports Windows 11 and how to setup TPM 2.0 in BIOS? | Official Supp...

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hey, thanks for that information. I had no idea that a TPM was built in. Then once the PTT is enabled, I should have no problems. I will read the FAQ you provided. Thanks again