cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog z790 dark hero backlight not working

DarkLotchi
Level 7

I have a ROG Z790 Dark Hero motherboard.

the big rog inscription on the screen does not light up on the disc.

during the first startup, the inscription lit up. 

but during the second run it stopped working.

what could be the reason?

16 REPLIES 16

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DarkLotchi 

Could you please clarify if you encountered the described issue upon the first use after purchase, or did it arise after some time following any software or hardware changes?
After the two instances of booting, if you shut down and clear CMOS, do the RGB lights on the motherboard function correctly upon reboot?
Please confirm if you have installed Armoury Crate, if the related lighting settings are configured, and if the BIOS version is the latest 1302.
Providing more detailed hardware and software information, a description of the occurrence frequency, and whether the issue always happens will help us understand your situation better.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Problem pojawił się po drugim lub trzecim uruchomieniu, przed wejściem do BIOS-u. Nie mam najnowszej wersji biosu

I didn't configure the lighting in the BIOS. otherwise the rest of the rgb works fine

achugh
Level 12

@DarkLotchi As Jiaszzz_ROG suggested, it is best to install the latest version of BIOS first. Then go into BIOS with a MOUSE connected and in the top right corner of the BIOS you will see AURA. Click on it and make sure you are set to ALL and NOT to STEALTH or any other lighting configurations. Then SAVE AND RESTART to test if your Anime Matrix starts working again.

Disclaimer: I am not an ASUS support person so my information may be incomplete. Always follow official documentation and material provided by ASUS representatives.

INTEL i9-14900K / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 192GB (4x48GB) 5200 CAS38 / ROG Z790 DARK HERO / ROG TUF GAMING RTX 4090 OC / ProArt PA-602 Case / SEASONIC PRIME TX-1300 ATX 3.0 / CORSAIR MP700 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen5 / CRUCIAL T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 / EIZO CG2700X

Unfortunately, after updating the bios, the same problem still exists

@DarkLotchi Are you talking about the item that I have marked with RED border in the picture below working?

Screenshot 2024-06-28 095952.png

Do you have Armoury Crate software installed?

Disclaimer: I am not an ASUS support person so my information may be incomplete. Always follow official documentation and material provided by ASUS representatives.

INTEL i9-14900K / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB 192GB (4x48GB) 5200 CAS38 / ROG Z790 DARK HERO / ROG TUF GAMING RTX 4090 OC / ProArt PA-602 Case / SEASONIC PRIME TX-1300 ATX 3.0 / CORSAIR MP700 PRO 2TB PCIe Gen5 / CRUCIAL T500 2TB PCIe Gen4 / EIZO CG2700X

Yes, I have the Armory Crate applications installed.

this element doesn't work

Hi @DarkLotchi , when you select your motherboard in Armoury Crate, what do you does your screen looks like when you go to the TAB to manage lighting effects. I am sorry, I do not have Armoury Crate installed at the moment so I cannot give you the exact TAB or screenshot for it. I hope you can find the screen and share that screenshot here. On this screen you can choose what type of lighting effects you want to choose. If you have it no effects i.e. a circle with a diagonal line through it like STOP sign then it means your software configuration has turned off this display you can use this screen to turn it back ON.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @DarkLotchi 

Could you confirm if this issue occurred immediately after the purchase or after some changes were made?
If you have verified that the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 DARK HERO settings in Armoury Crate are not set to off or dark mode, and the BIOS settings under LED lighting for both "When system is in working state" and "When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states" are set to [All On], but the RGB lighting on the MB still doesn't work, we suggest the following steps: 
Remove the chassis and test in an insulated environment with only the CPU, RAM, and PSU installed.
If the problem persists, kindly consider contacting the dealer to arrange for repairs and an additional inspection.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂