cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG x670e-e Gaming start up issue

eziocin
Level 7

Hello,

I have recently built up a new PC based on AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU and Asus ROG x670e-e Mobo. The build went flawlessly, the system is very stable, has passed several stress tests and I have never had any issue whatsover other than the following one: every now and then upon restart (never on a cold start, always following a restart) the system hangs on boot before the ROG logo appears  (everything seems to be working fine, all the fans are spinning), but I have a black screen. I force the shutdown via the power button on the case and on the next startup a warning appears telling me to press F1 to enter in Bios set up. I enter the Bios, do nothing just quit the Bios and then the  boot completes successfully and the PC continue to run normally for hours. I have the latest BIOS installed (1905). Every test I carry out on the system returns me a healthy status ofall  the main components. The GPU is an ASUS ROG Strix RTX4090, RAM is GSkill Trident Z NEO (AMD/EXPO) F5-6000J3038F16GX2.TZNR, and a Corsair H1000 PSU. The issue occurs both with EXPO enabled and disabled. The BIOS is at default status, the only change I made to enable/disable the EXPO.

Any suggestion how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ezio

2 REPLIES 2

eziocin
Level 7

After reading some other posts in the forum, I suspect that what I have reported as a stuck boot is indeed a long boot due to memory training, which I take as a stuck boot and then interrupt by powering off the pc. That would explain also the message appearing on the next boot asking me to press F1 and run set up due to the prior boot being interrupted. If this assumption is correct (can anybody comment on this ?) why then should this happen only randomly on restart and never on cold boot ?

Hi @eziocin 

Enter the UEFI and use the search utility to find Context Restore. Enable the first search result found.

This option retains the last successful memory training and should reduce POST times. Please note you will need to test memory stability to ensure the system is stable. The length of time the system takes to POST depends on the memory configuration and density.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090