cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI

Gath36
Level 7

Computer randomly gets BSOD when sitting idle or during games. Went and looked in the event viewer and had multiple recurring errors from the device name: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7AC4&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_11

6 REPLIES 6

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Gath36 

May I ask if the BSOD happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device
Based on the error code you provided, it appears there may be an issue with your PCIe device.
Further troubleshooting may involve updating drivers, verifying proper installation, and addressing other potential issues.
We recommend referring to the steps outlined in the "[Motherboard] Solution to Blue Screen Of Death" guide to verify hardware connections and update relevant drivers.
If necessary, please confirm the current BIOS version and consider updating to the latest version 3401, released on March 22, 2024.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hey,

There haven't been any changes I've tried downloading the newest BIOS as well as reverting to an older version. The only way I can reliably recreate the BSOD , is just by leaving my computer idle. If I don't turn off the PC at night , I always wake up to a BSOD.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Gath36 

Could you please provide information on how long you have been using this PC build?
Have you consistently experienced occasional BSOD during gaming sessions or while the system has been idle since it was built? What are your typical troubleshooting methods in such instances?
Do you have any CPU or memory overclocking settings in the BIOS, and does it still encounter BSODs when booting with the default BIOS settings?
Please share the following information to help us better understand your situation:
- the current BIOS version and the images of all manually adjusting items in BIOS (as below), or whether it is the default

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1711612429960.png

- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, DRAM(part number and installed slot as well), SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- are there any extensions or adapters used to connect any devices, such as GPU or SSD?
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of the problem
- provide a comprehensive video recording of the problem, capture the state of the system during the BSOD occurrence

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hey, @Jiaszzz_ROG 

I've been using this build for around a 1 year and 6 months.

I have a few times had a BSOD during gaming sessions, but more times than not the BSOD occurs at idle or while leaving internet browsers open and idle.

Have not tried booting with default BIOS settings.

Intel i9-12900k , NVIDIA RTX 3080, Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz DDR5 , WD_BLACK 1TB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD , ASUS ROG STRIX 1000W 

Windows 11 23H2 ; Build 22631.3296

Frequency is daily if i decide to leave my PC on.

Unable to provide a video of it happening ,as at one moment the PC is fine and the next it freezes and BSODs

IMG_1181.jpgIMG_1180.jpg

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Gath36 

Thank you for promptly providing the relevant information.
We recommend trying to boot under the default BIOS settings after clearing CMOS and verifying if BSOD still occurs during idle periods.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the Windows power mode and plan settings and check the "advanced power settings" to confirm if there are any related settings for PCIe during idle time. Further adjusting these settings may help eliminate potential issues.
If the above fail to address the BSOD, sharing the triggering actions and a comprehensive video recording of the issue would be helpful in verifying issues.

Thank you.