cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X670E-A CPU temperature sensor not working after few hours of operation

CPX
Level 7

Anyone else had this problem of CPU temperature being stuck on some certain number after few hours of operation? Just putting computer to sleep and waking it up makes temperature sensor start sending data again. Is this windows issue or MB issue anyone knows how to fix it?

I'm not using AIDA64 but maybe MSI afterburner or something else might be reading CPU temp and causing the lock? Is there a list of known apps that cause this clown ASUS UEFI code to lock up? Because it's not SW issue it's firmware issue I'm just trying to do some quick fix while UEFI firmware will NEVER GETS FIXED, EVER!

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @CPX 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, updating the BIOS or connecting an external device
Could you please confirm the current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 1904 released on January 30, 2024, you may consider updating and clearing CMOS to check again. 
Regarding the CPU temperature not changing, could you please specify the method you used to confirm the CPU temperature?
Apart from the stagnant CPU temperature, are there any other abnormalities during usage, such as lagging or BSOD issues?

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

CPX
Level 7

I just updated BIOS  few days ago to 1807, because I bought new PSU and it is quiet enough to get me investigating excessive noise from my fans on idle, since my old PSU was noisy and I couldn't hear chasis fans working. I have no idea when it started to happen but I'll try BIOS update once again.

CPX
Level 7

BIOS update did not help. Still broken in 1904. Asus sux never buying this spyware ridden bugged crap.

CPX
Level 7

I used HW info to obtain CPU temperature information. I'm pulling it from motherboard CPU temperature sensor not the CPU itself, so case fans are stuck at certain RPM when temperature sensor freezes. Also it does not matter where I pull that temperature info from I know temperature sensor is stuck when I no longer hear my fans adjusting speed based on CPU load.