cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

massacher_
Level 7

I am quite frustrated that the manual doesn't mention if the USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C port C8 is gen 2 or gen 2x2. 
I need to know because I am planning on getting the TUF GAMING CAPTURE BOX-CU4K30 and I need to know if the USB C port on my motherboard can accept the data (video and audio) that the capture box will be sending.

How can I find this out?

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming rear IO ports.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hellom @massacher_ 

After consulting the user manual and consulting relevant departments, it is confirmed that USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C port C8 is Gen 2.

Jiaszzz_ROG_0-1683008344302.png

While Gen 2 and Gen 2x2 are compatible, the main difference between them is not just the transmission speed, but also the supported bus width.

Thank you.

So what is the supported bus width?

Nate152

Hello massacher_

The Tuf Gaming Capture Box requires USB-C 3.2 Gen 1x1 which the transfer rate is 5.0GB/s.

Your motherboards' USB-C port is USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 which the transfer rate is 10 GB/s.

The HDMI port on your motherboard is HDMI 2.0, it looks like you easily meet the requirements.

capture box.png

usb -c speeds.png

So why doesn't my motherboard's manual tell me that the USB C port is USB 2.0?

Nate152

Your motherboard shows the usb-c port is USB 3.2 Gen 2 as pointed out in Jiaszzz_ROG's post.

Now check the chart, USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 is 10GB/s.

Now check the specs of the capture box, it only requires USB 3.2 Gen1x1 which is 5GB/s.

So according to the specifications, you have twice the speed required.