ROG STRIX B760-I BIOS 1205 can't rename and read error on Asus EZ Flash

Primordiarch
Level 8

1.png

10 REPLIES 10

inray
Level 8

Bios zip archive file is corrupt.

The question is how do we report this and to whom?

pislyc
Level 7

The same happened here, obviously something wrong with the zip file. BTW, the corresponding ME update tools seems missing as well.

inray
Level 8

Where is the administrator when we need him?
The bios archive (1205) is corrupt due to some stupid mistake by whoever made it.
How long will we have to wait for it to be fixed?

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Primordiarch , @inray and @pislyc 

After testing, We have confirmed that BIOS Version 1205 for the ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI is compatible with the BIOSRenamer tool.

Please refer to the steps provided in [Motherboard] How to use USB BIOS FlashBack™? and try again.
If you encounter any malfunctioning step in the process, please let us know which specific part it is.
Please provide a screenshot or screen recording to help us better understand the situation.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

inray
Level 8

UPDATE: 

Looks like they've re-uploaded the bios archive file, fixed this time.
Unfortunately, they have not changed the timestamp, so it is difficult to recognize it.

PS: The supposedly necessary Intel ME 16.1.27.2176 is still missing though. Comeon Asus folks, do the work you're paid for.

Those of you who previously experienced the file corruption  issue, please re-download it.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @inray 

We have released Intel ME version 16.1.27.2176 on our official website, and the synchronization of different country-specific websites may experience slight delays, but it is expected to be available on the official website within 24 hours.

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

pislyc
Level 7

Hello admin,

The bios file seems okay now. But the ME update tool Version 16.1.27.2176 seems still missing. Do we need to wait for its release on the website?

Oh, I just saw the reply. I think I will just wait a day for it. Thx.

Gotham77
Level 7

hello

i'm trying to download the bios file, but Bios zip archive file is corrupt.

sorry if my english is bad

@Gotham77 wrote:

i'm trying to download the bios file, but Bios zip archive file is corrupt.

Please try to re-download it after cleaning browser cache (temporary files).

The BIOS archive file has been updated online and now works fine. I've already flashed it successfully.