cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B760-G missing AVX Offset and AVX Voltage Guardband Scale Factor

RCore
Level 7

Hi, I have an ROG STRIX B760-G GAMING WIFI motherboard running with a 14700K CPU.

I need to apply an AVX offset or some other compensation in the BIOS to achieve stability with heavy AVX workloads (e.g. Prime95 AVX tests). These options are missing in the BIOS (version 1656).

There is only an option to disable AVX.

There are 2 features in other similar motherboards:
- AVX2 Offset
- AVX2 Voltage guardband scale factor

These functions are missing from the BIOS of the ROG STRIX B760-G GAMING WIFI motherboard. Can they be added in?

8 REPLIES 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @RCore 

Could you please clarify if the mentioned missing adjustment option from the BIOS occurred when the PC was first built or after using it for some time and following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or swapping the CPU?
Apart from the latest BIOS version 1656, have you installed any other BIOS versions previously that also lacked the mentioned settings?
Kindly share the brand and model name of the GPU, RAM (part number and installed slots as well), SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

RCore
Level 7

Hi Jiaszzz,

These settings have not been in the BIOS since I first used this motherboard. The only setting in the BIOS for AVX2 in the "AVX Related Controls" section is to enable / disable AVX2. However, Asus Z790 motherboards have this option, and B760 motherboards from other brands, for example ASRock also have this option.

For my other components:
GPU: Galax RTX 3090 SG
RAM: 2 x 16GB Kingston DDR5-6000 KF560C32-16 in slots A2 and B2
SSD: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB in M2_1 socket
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 1050W

Thank you.

Hi @RCore 

Are you not able to see AVX Offset mechanisms underneath Extreme Tweaker > AVX Related Controls? It may be that entry level chipset boards don't have this functionality.

NOTE: I would not recommend running Prime with AVX at all. The test is very current intensive and as a synthetic workload there is no reason to subject the CPU to it.

Type in AVX into the search bar in top right of the UEFI.

Silent_Scone_0-1715855140693.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Hi Silent_Scone,

My motherboard BIOS doesn't have those AVX2 offset options. It only has the first item to Enable / Disable AVX2.

I believe your photo is from a Z-chipset motherboard. My motherboard uses the B760 chipset. However, as noted I found online that ASRock and Gigabyte B760 motherboards do have this option.

Hi @RCore,

Those functions are not supported on B series motherboards, hence they're removed. It's doubtful those settings do anything on other B series boards.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @RCore 

Apologies for the delay in responding.
After confirming with the relevant personnel, it has been determined that the B760 motherboard does not support the AVX2 offset and AVX2 voltage guard band scale factor.
Furthermore, as per your configuration, it is noted that according to the BIOS manual for the ROG STRIX B760-G GAMING WIFI, only the adjustment option for AVX2 is specified.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂

Hi, thanks for checking. Could you make a request to your product management to include these settings in the BIOS for B760 motherboards? I checked some other brands' B760 motherboard BIOS manuals, and they do have the AVX2 offset setting. Some examples: Asrock, Biostar, Gigabyte.

B760M-STX.pdf (asrock.com)

14414435_1679488306.pdf (moyo.ua)

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_intel700series-bios_e.pdf

Regards,
Rodney

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @RCore 

We appreciate your feedback and support.
It will be reflected on the relevant units for reference evaluation.

Thank you.