cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO - sound card missing after firmware update

Bosscoman
Level 7

Hello everyone - I really need your help. Saw the bios update 1801 in the thread and went to update my motherboard. Go to the support page for your motherboard and download: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/rog%20maximus%20xiii%20hero/helpdesk_bios/ 

1. ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 1801 (Version 1801, 11.27 MB, 2023/07/14) 

2. USB Audio FW Update Tool (Version -, 4.09 MB, 2023/07/13)

3. MEUpdateTool (Version 15.0.42.2235, 5.11 MB, 2023/04/21)

Installed the BIOS and restored its configuration settings, then launched windows and installed MEUpdateTool and restart system.  After the reboot, I ran the firmware update USB Audio FW Update Tool and then restart system. When logging in after the next reboot, the sound does not appear in the Asus ROG Theta headphones connected to the sound input of the motherboard, but in the monitor speakers it is. Previously, I installed a similar update and this also happened after the update, when I went into the settings to switch the audio output, I did not see a sound card device there. When you restart the update utility - the sound card is not seen!

Error.png

I performed all actions on behalf of the Administrator (Windows 11 Home). Please help diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello,

Try:

1. Clearing the CMOS via the rear IO button.

2. Cycling the AC by removing power from the PSU.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Performed the steps - did not help. 

Error2.png

This device is not currently connected to the computer. (Code 45)

In bios - enable:

IMG_0203.jpeg