cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO cant run EXPO after bios update 1415

chrisseear
Level 9

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO cant run EXPO after bios update 1415. Was working without problems  before this bios update. Now I can only boot using stock auto settings 2400MHZ

Using  Memory - DDR5 - Corsair - CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36
UPC: 840006698180
Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-48000 (6000MHz) DDR5, 36-36-36-76, 1.35V, Dual Channel Kit, AMD Ready, AMD EXPO Technology

Any help would be appreciated, I am massively disappointed. All of the recent negative media coverage and now this will make me rethink my next purchase very carefully.

72 REPLIES 72

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ZeTro7 

May I ask if you are using the memory modules listed in the QVL list for the TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI motherboard?
Also, have you installed them in the recommended slots as mentioned in the user manual?

Thank you.

My memory is on the list and I am having the same issues. I think it would be wise to look for the issue instead blaming the ram all the time.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @chrisseear 

The utilization of the QVL list is merely an attempt to eliminate hardware compatibility issues as much as possible.
If only one memory module is installed in the recommended DIMM_A2 slot according to the manual, can you enter the system with the default BIOS settings and EXPO disabled?
If two memory modules are installed, we recommend referring to the manual and installing them in the suggested DIMM_A2 and B2 slots.
Could you please clarify if you have enabled EXPO I or EXPO II? Do both options exhibit the described behavior?
Which operating system are you currently using, Windows 10 or 11?
If possible, it is advised to perform cross-testing with another system disk.

Thank you.

The correct slots are used as per the manual.

All 3 expos settings fails to boot.

OS isn't relevant since the system cant even start with expo enabled.

As you can see from other posts in this thread, this only started since the latest bios update 1415. Also noted in the change log, the QVL list was amended after that bios release.

Again thankyou for making the effort to reply. Asus should acknowledge the issue and put out a statement hopefully saying this will be addressed in a future bios release.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @chrisseear 

Regarding the system aspect, as we haven't clarified your situation yet, we would appreciate your help in providing more information to consolidate and seek further consultation with the relevant department for confirmation.
Could you please provide the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed?
Have you tried cross-testing with any hardware or setting changes?
Additionally, please provide an image of the BIOS main page and all the settings.

Regarding the memory QVL list, as mentioned in the BIOS version description, we did make adjustments due to BIOS changes. However, both before and after the adjustments, your CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36 part is not included.
To confirm, have you tested both CMT32GX5M2D6000C36 and CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36 separately?
When you try to start EXPO, is there no response, no indicator light, or no display at all?
If possible, please provide a detailed video recording of the issue to help us better understand the problem.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @crh66 

Could you please provide the motherboard model, BIOS version, and a detailed description of the issue?
May I ask if you are also unable to enter the system or are experiencing a black screen/ blue screen after powering on when enabling EXPO?
Did the situation occur after any changes were made, such as updating the BIOS or connecting an external device?
After updating the BIOS, did you perform a clear CMOS?
Is there an issue specifically with entering the system when enabling EXPO I or EXPO II?

Thank you.

Asus x670e-e Wifi
AMD 7950x
Gskill F5-6000J3038F16GX2

I was originally on bios 0805. I cleared cmos before and after updating to 1410. Same thing with 1416. Neither supported EXPO or DOCP. PC refused to post and after reset it f1'd me. I was forced to download 0805 and revert.

Hey crh66,

I have the exact same hardware.. I mean Exact...

I have had a ticket Open with ASUS since early April.
I keep getting the run around, and they keep blaming my hardware, or insinuating i'm a moron.
EXPO works without issues on the 0805 BIOS, but EXPO doesn't work on any newer BIOS above 0805.

@Jiaszzz_ROG 
This issue is larger than 1 person...
Please let the higher ups and/or the technical team know about the problem.
It has been almost 2 months since i opened a support ticket, and ASUS refuses to acknowledge anything is even wrong.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ingbo 

We released a BIOS update in mid-May. Therefore, could you please confirm if your statement "EXPO doesn't work on any newer BIOS above 0805" includes the latest 1416 version for the ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI?
Please assist us by providing more information to further verify the details:
- the full model name of your motherboard
- the current BIOS version, the image of the BIOS main page and all the settings
- the brand, model name, and part number of the DRAM currently installed
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of problem
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

There won't be any fix found or provided via these forums. We are just going to have to wait until Asus fixes them. There is no dispute that the bios are bunk as the issue is so widespread and reported. The poor mods here are in way over their heads and the higher ups and have no fixes and are letting them swing in the air. I think the mods should go watch those Gamer's Nexus video detailing the issues at hand.