cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO cant run EXPO after bios update 1415

chrisseear
Level 9

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO cant run EXPO after bios update 1415. Was working without problems  before this bios update. Now I can only boot using stock auto settings 2400MHZ

Using  Memory - DDR5 - Corsair - CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36
UPC: 840006698180
Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-48000 (6000MHz) DDR5, 36-36-36-76, 1.35V, Dual Channel Kit, AMD Ready, AMD EXPO Technology

Any help would be appreciated, I am massively disappointed. All of the recent negative media coverage and now this will make me rethink my next purchase very carefully.

72 REPLIES 72

ZeTro7
Level 8

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG,

Yes my RAM is in the list and the RAM is Expo ready as stated on the package, the RAM in installed in the correct locations as mentioned by the mobo manual. I have built a fair few PCs. The only thing that changed was the bios, after the update, no Expo 1 or Expo 2. Pretty large performance loss due to this. It's not a hardware issue, it's software, seems everyone is experiencing the same thing. The RAM slots or type of RAM wouldn't matter if we could use Expo before but not now, it was the update. Please fix in the next bios update, this is a massive problem.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ZeTro7 

Please provide the following information for us to further verify the issue:
- the current BIOS version, the image of the BIOS main page and all the settings
- the brand, model name, and part number of the DRAM currently installed
- the brand and model name of the CPU, GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

x posted below

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Ingbo 

Sorry for the delay in response, and we greatly appreciate your assistance in providing clarification.
Please be assured that we are actively conducting further tests and consulting with the relevant departments. Once we receive a response, we will promptly update this thread.
If you have any other configuration changes or updates regarding the testing scenario, please feel free to share them with us. 

Thank you.

Is there something new?? I have the same problem.

X670E Hero
AMD Ryzen 7950 x3D
2x G Skills F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR 128GB (in the list of supported rams)

EXPO I, II and tweaked is not starting.

Thank you!

di_mi84
Level 8

were you able to solve your problem?

No, the problem isn't solveable until Asus release a bios version based on agesa 1.0.0.9, and they know it.

SerbX
Level 8

Bios 1415

G.Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR 2x 16 GB (32GB)

Mainboard: Asus Rog x670e Hero

CPU: AMD 7950x3D

GPU: 2080 RTX MSI Trio Gaming

NVME: WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 1 TB

PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000 W

I build this new System and got also huge problems with the RAM's.

I updated the Bios instantly to 1415 cleared the CMOS and there is no change to use the XMP 1 or XMP 2.
Also the boot time is insanely long and it crashes at the Asus ROG Logo or at the Windows Login Screen.

Without those XMP's the MHZ are i think 4800 and when Windows boots sometimes it only recognizes 4gb of RAM instead of 32GB.
Then i clear the Cmos and it recognizes the next Start again 32 GB.

i dont know what to do anymore .. i literally spend 3000€ to build a clean setup and now i cant even run the rams on 6000mhz which are in the QVL.

Thanks in advance

Fasti
Level 7

7900X eco105w + 2x32GB 6000Mhz expo ram

I didn't have memory problems for 6 months, then I heard about SoC voltage issue, checked that mine was 1.4xx v. Went and upgraded bios and started to get memory errors. 6000 and 5600 settings are very unstable. Will run with 4800 ones for now until the next agesa comes out and hopefully fixes things.

I ran some tests with memtest (test 8 - random number - seemed to show most errors, so only used that one to speed up testing) and noticed that there's no errors when using just one ram stick in any 2/4 stick-slot combination at 6000Mhz. But as soon as I put them both in above 4800, errors start to pile up.

If you can't handle 4800Mhz for couple months (hopium) then downgrading bios might make things better. Although boot up times might skyrocket. Bios downloads are up on the support site even if they aren't showing up (checked 1 month ago). Just need to know the version names and you can edit the download link to get "pre"-X3D ones.

Although if you have X3D-cpu, then it's better to stick with snail speed bios for now as old bios could use the cpu in the way that it might break it.

SerbX
Level 8

is it possible to use this bios for my asus rog x670e hero which is listed at rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi site?

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x670e-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios/

ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI BIOS 1416

Version 1416
9.21 MB 2023/05/16

"1. Update AGESA version to Combo AM5 PI 1.0.0.7.a
2. Support 48/24GB high-density DDR5 memory module.
3. Memory QVL amended to account for AMD 1.3V SoC voltage limit.
4. EXPO/XMP prompt notice removed.
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SX670EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

My Setup:
G.Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR 2x 16 GB (32GB)
Mainboard: Asus Rog x670e Hero
CPU: AMD 7950x3D
GPU: 2080 RTX MSI Trio Gaming
NVME: WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD 1 TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000 W

Thank you in advance