cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO bios 1415 can't boot with GSKILL F5-6000J3238G32GX2-TZ5RK DOCP profile

Nitro78
Level 9

Hello,

As stated, can't get my brand new ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO + Ryzen 5950x to boot with a memory OC profile. Only auto at 4800mhz works.

Basically I ended up buying an expensive motherboard to run a memory kit that is on its qvl, at 75% of its performance...

It's not that the performance loss will be noticeable, but I feel cheated. Very disappointing.

Anyone managed to get these DOCP profiles to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is indeed the Ryzen 9 5950, and it's very strange it's not in the QVL, which board are we supposed to use with Ryzen 9 5950X? Older board?

Anyway, I've found out that it was actually POST'ing, but it was taking 50 sec which led me to believe it was failing.

Now this 50 sec POST time, training the memory on every boot is absurd.

Turns out there are 2 "Memory Context Restore" one of them very well hidden, both of them with default auto, but behaving as if it was disabled.

Switching these two options to enabled solves the problem, someone went through a lot of trouble to find out the second option, hopefully this will help more people.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/rog-crosshair-x670e-hero-boot-and-memory-issues-solved/...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nitro78
Level 9

Nobody with the same issue? 🤔

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Nitro78 

May I ask if you are using the Ryzen 9 5950X CPU?
The Ryzen 9 5950X is not listed in the CPU QVL for the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO.
Additionally, this motherboard only supports Ryzen 7000-Series CPUs.
Therefore, please cross-test with the supported models on the QVL list.

Thank you.

It is indeed the Ryzen 9 5950, and it's very strange it's not in the QVL, which board are we supposed to use with Ryzen 9 5950X? Older board?

Anyway, I've found out that it was actually POST'ing, but it was taking 50 sec which led me to believe it was failing.

Now this 50 sec POST time, training the memory on every boot is absurd.

Turns out there are 2 "Memory Context Restore" one of them very well hidden, both of them with default auto, but behaving as if it was disabled.

Switching these two options to enabled solves the problem, someone went through a lot of trouble to find out the second option, hopefully this will help more people.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/amd-600-series/rog-crosshair-x670e-hero-boot-and-memory-issues-solved/...

Actually, as expected, the Ryzen 9 5950x is supported by ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO...

Nitro78_1-1686132773474.png

Nitro78
Level 9

Ups, my bad my processor is 7950X not 5950X, thank you AMD for the similar names...

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Nitro78 

Thank you for helping confirm the CPU model.
May I ask if your memory is installed in the recommended DIMM_A2 and B2 slots as stated in the user manual?
Are you currently using DOCP I or DOCP II, and are there any other settings besides DOCP?
Have you tried clearing CMOS and enabling only DOCP I?
Could you also assist in verifying the following details:
- the current BIOS version and the images of the setting in BIOS, or whether it is the default
- the brand and model name of the GPU, SSD/HDD, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of problem

Thank you.

Hey Jiaszzz,

The memory is POST'ing @6000.

The long POST time was solved by switching the Memory Context Restore to enabled as described in my previous reply.