Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG B650E-F Q-FAN source temperature issue

LonerBLR
Level 7

PXL_20240218_124329509.jpgPXL_20240218_124353337.jpgTEST.png

BIOS version 2413

UEFI Q-FAN do not use Motherboard/VRM temp for FAN control.  All case fans use only CPU temp.

Fans are working in DC mode. If CPU temp < 40 the FANs are stop. Is it bug or feature?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @LonerBLR 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
According to the user manual, except for AIO_PUMP, which operates at full speed, the rest are controlled through Q-Fan.

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device
What software are you using to monitor fan speeds in the last image?
Have you utilized Armoury Crate or other system software to adjust fan speeds?
After setting fan speeds in the BIOS, what is displayed on the BIOS main page or Armoury Crate for fan speed?

Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌ 🙂

LonerBLR
Level 7

What software are you using to monitor fan speeds in the last image? - AIDA64 v7

Have you utilized Armoury Crate or other system software to adjust fan speeds? - I don't use any external software for fan control

After setting fan speeds in the BIOS, what is displayed on the BIOS main page or Armoury Crate for fan speed? - Same speed as in AIDA64.

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device. - After BIOS settings change.

Doesn't matter what you choose in Q-FAN source (i test only MotherBoard & VRM source) it use only CPU temp for fan control

Hi @LonerBLR 

Is Armoury Crate installed? If so can you try disabling the AsusFanControlService via Windows Services and see if the behaviour stays the same?

You will need to reboot the system after doing so.

Silent_Scone_0-1708586065841.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090