cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG B650E - E] Boot Screen and BIOS have weird behavior (2 Monitors) When Turn ON and RESTART.

nllelobr
Level 10

Hello guys!

I just did a big Upgrade from Z590 to B650E (involved CPU, Memory and GPU) And with the Asus ROG B650E -E, I'm using a Asus ROG Strix 4080 OC.

VGA have the Vbios updated.
Motherboard also with BIOS update (NOT the BETA version) v.1224

Also Windows Full update. and my monitor (Asus ROG Swfit P329Q update) 
Inside Windows both monitors are set and saved (Asus as Primary and Sensor Panel as secondary)

Let's go with the issue:

My monitor Asus is plugged via DisplayPort in my VGA (not motherboard), and I have a small wide screen for Sensor Panel, connected to the VGA using HDMI.
And sometimes the boot screen goes to the Asus monitor and sometimes goes to the sensor panel monitor. (the iGpu is already off in the BIOS and main display set as PCIE)

I noticed a pattern. If my PC is off and I turned it on, it boots/Bios in the Main Asus Monitor...... but if I Restart my system it ALWAYS show the boot and Bios in the Small sensor panel.

Any idea on what to do and how to fix this and keep showing the Boot/BIOS always in the Mai Asus Monitor????

If you need any other info about it, let me know.
Thanks in advance!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @nllelobr .

Could you right-click on the Windows desktop and select Display Settings > Confirm if the priority of the two screens in Display Settings is correct?
If the settings are correct and the problem you describe still exists, please provide the followimg information.
- the current BIOS version and the content of the setting in BIOS (or whether it is the default)
- the brand and model name of the CPU, DRAM, PSU, and the Sensor Panel currently installed
- the OS version and OS build

Thank you.

Hello Jiaszz. Thank you for your time.

- In the windows display settings is all set. My ROG Swift as main display and the sensor panel as secondary.

- The BIOS is 1224 (the latest for my Motherboard (not counting the BETA)
- CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 7900x3D, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHz 32GB, PSU: Asus ROG Thor 850W and my Sensor Panel is a TARGA Waveshare 88 (Small 1920x480 display connected via HDMI and powered via USB)
- Windows 11 22H2 OSBuild: 22621.1485

Just to give you a bit of background on this setup, last week I was using a ROG Z590-E + 11700K and a 3090Ti (Gigabyte)... All those parts I swapped for a ROG B650E-E + 7900x3D + 4080 Asus Strix, and also I formated the SSD and did a CLEAN install of Windows and Drivers.

Before, I never had this issue (what make me believe it is the Motherboard or VGA making this new behavior.)

Before you answer here, I did a few more troubleshooting:
I tried to plug the HDMI (Sensor Panel) and the DisplayPort (Main Display) in different ports in my VGA, different order, and did not change anything.
Also I tried to plug the USB cable for the Sensor Panel, in a USB 2, USB 3.0 and even tried to plug in an external USB power supply... Didn't change anything.
The last option I could think of, was to plug the Sensor panel in a DisplayPort in my VGA, and make sure the Main display is connected in a port before the Sensor Panel. (in this case, I used one adapter) Still the same issue.

Again... Thanks for your time  😉

if need any more information, let me know.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @nllelobr .

Thank you for sharing the details. It seems that you did not mention the BIOS setting. 
Could you try going to BIOS > Advanced Mode > Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > select and set the primary display and secondary display, select "Apply" to save the manual, then exit to save changes and reset?
The setting paths of different versions may be slightly different.
Please find and set the screen order in the BIOS.

If the problem persists after completing the above settings and rebooting, please provide images of the relevant settings in the BIOS, and I will further confirm the setting details for you.

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG 

I couldn't find what you told me.

I was only able to find this:

https://i.ibb.co/sbMLzHQ/20230414-191500.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/m95sW7y/20230414-191348.jpg

Can you help to find the right option?

Thanks

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @nllelobr .

May I ask if restarting the system and seeing the BIOS on the sensor panel would result in normal operation after entering Windows?
As the AMD Ryzen 9 7900x3D supports iGPU, we suggest that you try connecting the sensor panel to the integrated graphics processors and refer to [Motherboard] How to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor to have dual-screen display for related detail settings.
After completing the steps, please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

Enabling this option, will not affect performance and memory RAM? Because on laptops have that issue with Nvidia optimus or something similar (using a discrete and a iGpu.)

No issues or crash with games?!

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @nllelobr .

Enabling the AMD iGPU typically does not have a significant impact on performance and RAM memory, as it only activates the display core integrated in the processor.

I think the chances of it happening are low, but if you do encounter it, please refer to How to clear CMOS? to reset the BIOS and then reconfigure the settings.

Thank you.

OK. I'll try your suggestion. let's see how it goes 😄

PS: Need to install AMD driver for the Video, right?