cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random crashes with X670E Hero

Foz
Level 10

Before i go into the nuts and bolts let me spec out what i have.

X670E Hero - BIOS 1303
7950X3D
ZOTAC 4090 AMP AIRO
G.SKILL Z5 Neo EXPO 32GB 6000MHz F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
CPU and GPU custom watercooled (EKWB parts)

So the other night while attempting to play Jedi Survivor the onboard Bluetooth disappeared (not in device manager etc), odd I thought but not a deal breaker and not worth the 2 months i was quoted i would be without the board, anyway my fault finding was as follows:-

Applied my clonezilla image of my machine in case it was a rogue update, Image is from 2 month ago when the system was built (clean image OS, drivers and AV) but the device was still missing.

Clean build of Windows 11 Pro from freshly downloaded ISO, no device.

Reached out to ASUS who said run the diagnostics in MyASUS app but there are none.

I had some new fans which i was waiting on installing on my Rads and thought no better time than now, they all connect to a fan controller so all i did was unplug 6 and plug in 6 to the same controller (all noctuas) and tidy the cabling, now the bluetooth is showing again but randomly the PC now just shuts down, no BSOD logs but 6008 IDs in event viewer, to power back on I need to either turn off the PSU and turn back on (Seasonic TX1300) or use the onboard ReTry button.

I'm at a loss and kinda out of ideas so any help is welcomed.

332 REPLIES 332

The initial post was indeed regarding the loss of Bluetooth which then escalated into system shutdowns (like others who have posted), the system would just powerdown completely requiring either me to power off the PSU and back on or and my preferred way due to desktop location was to press the retry button on the board itself.

The current OS is Windows 11 (build will have to wait till I get home) but I did have it running a livedisk of Kali 2023.1.

BIOS settings are currently all auto except EXPO II changes (do you want photos of each page in turn?) but again did it after a CMOS clear and no settings changed.

Bluetooth issues only seen while gaming and the latest BIOS 1415 seems to have restored Bluetooth but exasperated the shutdowns, shutdown observed whenever it felt like it.

Clearing CMOS didn't help.

WiFi disabled for the most part in BIOS as not required as on a separate controller to the WiFi (same aerial different controller according to Intel). Same goes for HD audio being disabled as I run a separate audio controller 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Foz 

Thank you for updating the current difficulty from Bluetooth to system shutdowns, requiring either a PSU restart or a forced shutdown to be able to boot again.
Could you please provide a detailed description of the situations that trigger system shutdowns? For example, does it occur after gaming for an hour or when running a specific program?
How frequently does it happen? For instance, does it occur once every 4 hours of usage?
The image of the BIOS setting is required to determine if any specific settings are causing the problem.

Regarding Bluetooth, if the problem only occurs during gameplay (which game specifically?), does launching the game cause the Bluetooth device to disappear from the Device Manager? Or does Bluetooth disappear while playing the game?
If it happens during gameplay, does the game have any Bluetooth-related settings or requirements? please also try reinstalling the game to see if it persists.

Thank you.

The shutdowns are random but just as random as they started I have not experienced one since last week, that said not sure when it will strike again as my trust is lost with the board due to no one being able to give reason to why including ASUS support who without asking any probing questions or going through the level of trouble shooting you are insisted that it MUST be the PSU or how I installed everything.

The Bluetooth wasn't game related as once the Bluetooth was lost from device manager it persisted through a full reinstall of the OS indicating hardware. I.E when it wouldn't show in device manager I installed Windows 10 as part of my troubleshooting and it didn't display on install, it wasn't until the install of 1415 that it came back again ruling out software.

Ultimately I feel that the way a number of things have been handled by ASUS at first telling users to install a BIOS revision that would void warranty then almost burying their heads in the sand at backlash to finally removing the voiding of warranties shows that ASUS has lost touch, maybe this is a good thing as for years ASRock was tarnished for being the producer of cr*ppy kit only to be one of the forerunners now, maybe ASUS needs a few years of being the leper of the PC hardware community to come down from it's high horse, after all the X670E Hero is a near £700 motherboard and the support so far has come from a forum.......... read into that what you will but my next purchase will be scrutinised following damning reviews from the likes of Gamers Nexus and JayzTwoCents

So fun fact after saying no shutdowns it shutdown lol all i was doing was watching a Youtube video on the MSI MEG X670E ACE, this time i thought i'd record the way i've been starting the system from this issue, the other is to flip the PSU switch off and on but this is easier for me.

https://youtube.com/shorts/F95cZYLpTF0

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Foz .

We are more than happy to help resolve your issue, which is why we have been diligently investigating the circumstances surrounding the problem.
I apologize for any inconvenience caused. It was never our intention to cause any dissatisfaction.
It's great to hear that you haven't encountered any automatic shutdown problems and that Bluetooth has been restored with BIOS 1415.
May I ask if you made any other adjustments that could have resolved the automatic shutdown problem?
If you experience any recurrences or have any other concerns, please feel free to PM me at any time.

Thank you.

See post i made Friday....

So fun fact after saying no shutdowns it shutdown lol all i was doing was watching a Youtube video on the MSI MEG X670E ACE, this time i thought i'd record the way i've been starting the system from this issue, the other is to flip the PSU switch off and on but this is easier for me.

https://youtube.com/shorts/F95cZYLpTF0

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Foz 

To clarify, the motherboard model mentioned in your previous post was the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO.
However, you now mentioned the MSI MEG X670E ACE.
I'm sorry for the confusion, but we can only provide support and verify the status of the ASUS motherboard.
Regarding the automatic shutdown issue, it has been approximately a week since you last encountered the issue. Could you confirm if the described problem and the video provided are related to the use of the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO motherboard instead of MSI?
Could you also provide the OS build version, as I previously inquired?
Furthermore, the CPU and GPU temperature monitoring you provided earlier seems to be from records before updating to the latest BIOS version 1415.
Could you please provide the current BIOS settings image for EXPO II and the CPU and GPU temperature monitoring at the time of the automatic shutdown issue?

Thank you.

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG,
Sorry this has caused some confusion by mentioning youtube, I reference the MSI as i was researching if it is only ASUS having these issues I still have the X670E Hero installed.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.1778

From a temperature point of view the temps are fine in my opinion but almost impossible to tsay what the temps look like at the time of crash without staring at it, but it sits at the below temps for a long time while hitting it with a game taking screenshots at time of crash is impossible as it happens without warning so can't press 'Print Screen' fast enough. 

CPU temp - 50-58 C
GPU temp - 55-60 C

EXPOII makes the following changes:-
Memory Freq - DDR5-6000MHz
Tcl - 30
Trcd - 38
Trp - 38
Tras - 96
Trc - 134
Twr - 90
Trfc1 - 884
Trfc2 - 480
Trfcsb - 390
DRAM VDD Voltage - 1.35
DRAM VDDQ Voltage - 1.35
PMIC Voltages - Sync All PMICs

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @aslplsthx .

Based on your previous messages, it seems to be primarily associated with system crashes and PSU power loss.
Could you please provide more details about the PSU power loss scenario, as well as the following information?
- at what point did this issue start occurring after any software or hardware changes?
- the complete motherboard model and the brand and model of the graphics card
- the current BIOS version and the images of the setting in BIOS
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of problem
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Hi, I answer as well as we are all bugged by this same PC behaviour...In my case, it started just after flashing Bios 1202 ( x670e extreme and Ryzen 7950x3d)...The PC just shutdown in random moments (idle, playing games, browsing the web etc etc) it can last days without issues sometimes, other times it just happens...I have flashed all the newer bioses up to 1415 but the issue is still there (and I have tried running all versions with stock settings and custom settings, it just doesn't make a difference). What we all have in common is a Seasonic Psu, but on Reddit other people are having this issue with apparently different brands of PSUs.