cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random crashes with X670E Hero

Foz
Level 10

Before i go into the nuts and bolts let me spec out what i have.

X670E Hero - BIOS 1303
7950X3D
ZOTAC 4090 AMP AIRO
G.SKILL Z5 Neo EXPO 32GB 6000MHz F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
CPU and GPU custom watercooled (EKWB parts)

So the other night while attempting to play Jedi Survivor the onboard Bluetooth disappeared (not in device manager etc), odd I thought but not a deal breaker and not worth the 2 months i was quoted i would be without the board, anyway my fault finding was as follows:-

Applied my clonezilla image of my machine in case it was a rogue update, Image is from 2 month ago when the system was built (clean image OS, drivers and AV) but the device was still missing.

Clean build of Windows 11 Pro from freshly downloaded ISO, no device.

Reached out to ASUS who said run the diagnostics in MyASUS app but there are none.

I had some new fans which i was waiting on installing on my Rads and thought no better time than now, they all connect to a fan controller so all i did was unplug 6 and plug in 6 to the same controller (all noctuas) and tidy the cabling, now the bluetooth is showing again but randomly the PC now just shuts down, no BSOD logs but 6008 IDs in event viewer, to power back on I need to either turn off the PSU and turn back on (Seasonic TX1300) or use the onboard ReTry button.

I'm at a loss and kinda out of ideas so any help is welcomed.

332 REPLIES 332

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @aslplsthx .

Upon confirmation, the memory you are using wasn't ever listed on the QVL list.
We would prioritize recommending you use memory from the QVL list to rule out any compatibility issues you might have.
Meanwhile, may I inquire if you also experience sudden shutdown issues with default BIOS settings?
Additionally, I have forwarded your configuration and the issues you encountered with automatic shutdown to the relevant department for further consultation.
If you happen to have recorded the problem's occurrence or have any additional information that could be helpful, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi @Jiaszzz_ROG,

Can you please comment on that amended memory QVL note / tweaked EXPO option?

I was experiencing the shutdowns on default BIOS settings as well.

Note I have not had any shutdowns since changing my PSU as mentioned in my previous posts. I did however receive OCP errors/warnings from the new PSU’s monitoring software.

Im not sure if i can use DOP on because someone said u can turn it on but others said no it will destroy the motherboard it will void the warranty im unsure what to do i dont know if it safety rather waste $$$$ as (void the warranty) 

Motherboard: Strix B650E-F, Rams:  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 5600, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7700 it come with cpu fan waith prism, Video card: Sapphire RX6700, 2 M.2 Nvme 1: Samsung Evo Plus 970 2TB 2: Samsung Evo Plus 970 1TB(both are for gaming) , 2 SSD 1: Samsung 870 QVO 4TB (for windows and boots etc) 2: Samsung Evo 870 500GB for spare one, PSU Cosair 850RMi also forgot to add Windows 11 Pro 

alex3thy
Level 8

I am suffering for the issues guys you are mentioning and I don't have a seasonic psu... I do have a 1200w thermaltake atx 3.0.

From day one this build is giving me hell...
After lots and lots of trial and error I did manage to stabilize the system and have a great performance I could say by manually setting core voltages and manually clocked the cpu to 4950hz...

With the previous beta bios version that was released (1410) system became unstable... I thought ok this is just a beta update issue...

Now with the latest (non beta) version of bios (1415)... the system became somewhat of unstable but way slower... I did load bios default and just enabled expo, like this the system feld slow... and after checked the system with Cinebench my performance dropped from ~37k to ~34k... but aside the Cinebench results the system fills laggy during using file explorer for example...

Also except that the system fills laggy also the random reboots returned also if I use expo 1 or 2 or tweaked... so I am on auto and system is even slower.
We did spend good amount of money on thouse builds and we are just suffering in the end...

I will try and return the mobo and proceed with MSI, looks like after many many reading on many forums most of the times  the issue in the end was the mobo (mainly asus) and now with the latest finding from the youtubers with the x3d cpus I do fill that I do have to proceed with replacing the mobo...

P.S. and I don't own an X3D CPU.., I am on an 7950X and my ram are G.Skill 6000MHz and they are listed in the supported list on asus page... I did make sure of it because when I did purchase my parts I did know that AM5 platform was a bit unstable and wanted to be as safe as I could be... 
But I hit a miss with the mobo by the looks of it...

Alex "I am suffering for the issues guys you are mentioning and I don't have a seasonic psu... I do have a 1200w thermaltake atx 3.0.

From day one this build is giving me hell...
After lots and lots of trial and error I did manage to stabilize the system and have a great performance I could say by manually setting core voltages and manually clocked the cpu to 4950hz..." Same boat as me i was tired to fix things and not sure what is wrong with it after replace new memory rams but some nights were good behaving but other night nope it Fked things up while in the middle of the gaming as the screen was froze and went blue death screen again it really pissed me off big time

Anarkki
Level 9

So what you're telling us is that the CMT32GX5M2D6000C36 (which is also called DOMINATOR® PLATINUM RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MHz C36) is supported and the CMT32GX5M2D6000Z36 is not and that is causing these crashes for us? 

This seems like micromanaging an issue that several users now had with different configurations (even with supported RAM) that ASUS is not able to solve yet. 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Anarkki 

If there was any misunderstanding caused, I sincerely apologize.
ASUS has verified the motherboard's stability and compatibility with the devices listed in the CPU/Memory QVL (Qualified Vendor List).
Therefore, we recommend prioritizing the use of memory modules listed on the QVL for testing purposes.
However, we also suggest referring to the user manual and installing a single memory module to further diagnose the problem.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz may i ask one questions??? About DOCP should i turn it on??? im unsure and confused i did mention before 

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Deutsche07 

You can enable DOCP or make further adjustments according to your needs, but we will need to gather more information about the software and hardware you have installed in order to determine the cause of the BSOD.
For the problem you mentioned, may I ask if it could be resolved after updating to the latest version 1616 and clearing CMOS? Does the BSOD occur only after enabling DOCP?
If that's the case, have you tried restoring BIOS settings and playing games without enabling DOCP?
How often do the blue screens occur? And in what specific situations do they occur? For example, does it only occur during a particular game?
Could you also share the error code when BSOD occurs or any error message, if any?
After a blue screen occurs, are you able to restart the computer by pressing the power button and use it normally? Or do you need to clear CMOS?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz "updating to the latest version 1616 and clearing CMOS?"

Yes i have updated BIOS as 1616 last week, wow other blue death screen this afternoon (my australia time) after i turn computer on for like about 10 min later it went blue death screen while i was in the middle of reading emails just like that, so i did CMOS clear and battery cell out after CMOS clear 10-15 sec then put battery cell back in,  so after that it going ok now but will keep on eye to see what is going on (hopefully no more drama) 

Few month ago before had major blue death screen i was playing Residential Evil 4 there was a problem it frozen screen(after 2-3 hours playing)  and went blue death screen, then next day it was major crash and blue death screen for no reason why, so i took my computer to my computer shop they say it memory rams faulty so they replacement of new memory rams (it almost 1 month now)